Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  21

Thread: 4" Mufflers

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

4" Mufflers

I just deleted my 2014 2500 last night and all I installed on the exhaust was the two delete pipes in the center that took out the DPF and what ever the second monster piece is. I went against my better judgement originally and didn't order a muffler with it and OMG is it annoying loud! I was curious which muffler I should go with to cut out the drone it has now? Which one will make it quietest overall? I was looking at FloPro and MBRP but is there any other suggestions?

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

Re: 4" Mufflers

I done the same thing with the 2013 2500. On the 2016 3500 I installed the 5'' Flo Pro with muffler and it was sooooo much better. I plan to change the 2013 to 5'' also but for now I ordered a cheap muffler from amazon and it sounds the same at the flo pro and a fraction of the price. going on 6 months and its still working great.

https://www.amazon.com/Diesel-Muffle...diesel+muffler

2019 Ram 2500. 8” FTS Lift. 38x15.50 Fury MT’s on 26x14 XF Offroad wheels.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4/Raceme Ultra with DRD WARP tunes/EGR, Throttle Valve, DPF Delete, 4'' FloPro/5'' Rough Country Lift Kit with 37's on 22" Fuel Flow

4. Thanks DBritt8715 thanked for this post
    Likes DBritt8715, walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

The flo pro twister muffler is what i recommend. Has helped a number of people who tow often and they have been very happy with it.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks DBritt8715 thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, DBritt8715, david3gen liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I did the same thing, I added the flo-pro muffler and like it.

I made a before and after video with the straight pipe and the muffler....

The Flo-Pro takes nearly all the drone out of the cab which is what I was looking for. Very happy with the muffler.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

8. Thanks hrd2kdnp thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, ICT LPX, walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I installed the Flo-Pro 4" with muffler last week and am very pleased. It has a nice rumble to it. Sounds like stock when you get up to speed (60+). Has a little drone between 50 and 55 but nothing too bad. It also has a drone when pulling a hill and it is locked in 5th but once again not too bad. My wife can hear me a mile from the house when coming out of the holler!

2014 RAM 2500 4x4 Grey Ghost. Leveled on 35x12.50x17. Double "R" Diesel deleted.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    The flo pro twister muffler is what i recommend. Has helped a number of people who tow often and they have been very happy with it.
    One of those exhaust guys makes a really sweet resonator. It's the size of a muffler. @Weeseven can tell you how quiet my truck is with it. Sounds nice outside, no restriction and you can hear the radio lugging hills with a load. Actually quieter than stock. There's two makers of this design, you want the bigger of the two. I want to say it's Flo-Pro, but you'll have to check it out.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

12. Likes david3gen liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

If it’s to loud for you ! Your to damn old love open exhaust sound of mine Flo-Pro 5” TBE no muffler no tail pipe

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

14. Likes 4kids2dogs&RV liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

LOL!!! Hey i have a muffler on my truck! I actually like it. Sometimes i do miss the sound but dang it when a 5.9 goes by straight piped towing i don't miss that LOL..... i tow often so im glad i have it!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

16. Likes david3gen liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    If it’s to loud for you ! Your to damn old love open exhaust sound of mine Flo-Pro 5” TBE no muffler no tail pipe
    I'm at the age when I prefer listening to 60's music and hearing every note played. Not to mention, the right seat complains a lot about the noise. The drone I had was way out of control. Now it's like driving a luxury car. Quiet and gets going quickly when I hit the skinny pedal. Yup! I have my moments yet. I'm not like @AnOldBiker who has to drink a quart of Geritol just to open the door.

BTW, my 08 dyno'd at 756 HP. Couldn't hear my self think in that thing either

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

18. Likes BrentM, david3gen, Power247 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    I like my neighbors too much to straight pipe them!!!!! I ordered my full delete kit from Ray. I went with the 4" Flo Pro with a muffler and I am really happy with it.....Thanks Double R Diesel

Todd
    2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 6.7 68RFE | Deleted and Tuned by Double R Diesel |

20. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes FarmerJohn104, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post