Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a deeper transmission pan

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Looking for a deeper transmission pan

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Mathews View Post
    I want to keep the transmission cooler. I tow a 35’ fifth wheel with a 22’ flatbed behind it hauling around 18,000 pounds. I live in Denver and we do mountain trips all the time. No off-roading with the truck. I have 2 razors and 2 quads for that. Is this something that will help ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The pan will help, not sure the extra deep will do much for you. That's allot of fluid in there and little surface.

My suggestion would be to go with a standard BD cast aluminum pan and a larger trans cooler. I know the standard pan will dump some temp, but you need allot of airflow, especially on a deep pan. You don't get get lugging up mountains.

A standard deep cast pan and a powered auxiliary cooler will keep that under control. I've had all of those. Had my suggested setup on a 47re. The truck rotted away from the original trans.

I think BD has a remote cooler with a fan on it. One of our sponsors can fix you up.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Thanks SeveredCummins14 thanked for this post
    Likes SeveredCummins14 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

The Derale pan doesn't use fins like everyone else. They have tubes going front to rear that let air pass through

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Thanks Bud! Means the world to us for mentioning us! Your the best!

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Mag-Hytec Double Deep Trans Pan can’t go wrong with anything from Mag-Hytec Check with Clayton from DDP for prices

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Hey bud! I'll shoot you a pm and we can discuss some options and details. Be looking out for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Mathews View Post
    Looking for a deeper transmission pan for a 2014 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel ? Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Likes Adam Mathews liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Mag-Hytec for me as well.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

dudesdieselperformance-com-bd-power-pan-1.jpg

Here is a pic of the pan that @Polaraco is talking about. It is definitely an excellent option! He also has a ton of knowledge on these transmissions and he has usually done or helped do everything he mentions.

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Likes Power247 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    dudesdieselperformance-com-bd-power-pan-1.jpg

Here is a pic of the pan that @Polaraco is talking about. It is definitely an excellent option! He also has a ton of knowledge on these transmissions and he has usually done or helped do everything he mentions.
    Looks ok but I still like Mag Hytec hands down for me

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

11. Likes 4kids2dogs&RV liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Looks ok but I still like Mag Hytec hands down for me
    SOS. I suggested the BD because it's a few bucks less. They all do the same thing. It's the powered trans cooler that will really make the diff

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

13. Likes Power247 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Polaraco;105417]SOS. I suggested the BD because it's a few bucks less. They all do the same thing. It's the powered trans cooler that will really make the diff[/QUOTE @Polaraco did you mount that to the frame in front of the fuel tank? I need to go the cooler route. Last week in the mountains of VA my tranny heated up enough to disable lockup and force it into 4th gear limp mode. Oil temp then skyrocketed to 280 before I could find a spot to pull over. After letting it cool thank goodness I had the MM3 to reset the dtc so I could continue on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

15. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

If a truck has dual factory coolers, where is the 2nd one located?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast