Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving From Smarty to EFI or?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Moving From Smarty to EFI or?

Hey just thought I would ask, I am running a Smarty Touch in my early 07 5.9. I have been running it for around 2 years. I am curious if somebody had a better idea for tuning than the Smarty. I may just wanna step up to TNT from here. With my current mods she seems to run well. However I may be willing to go with said EFI live or somebody else if, I can make more power and perhaps cooler egts when cruising with my setup. I am also going to be doing injectors and getting my trans fully built hopefully around March of 2018, on top of my current setup. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Likes david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Moving From Smarty to EFI or?

Hey bro RaceMe MM3 by Ray at DRD will hook you up bud best in the buisness in the tuning world

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Reaper59 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Reaper59, ICT LPX liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

get UDC pro for your touch.

6. Thanks Reaper59 thanked for this post
    Likes Reaper59 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper59 View Post
    Hey just thought I would ask, I am running a Smarty Touch in my early 07 5.9. I have been running it for around 2 years. I am curious if somebody had a better idea for tuning than the Smarty. I may just wanna step up to TNT from here. With my current mods she seems to run well. However I may be willing to go with said EFI live or somebody else if, I can make more power and perhaps cooler egts when cruising with my setup. I am also going to be doing injectors and getting my trans fully built hopefully around March of 2018, on top of my current setup. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Wow I just realized that you have an 07 with a 5.9 you must’ve gotten one of the last 5.9 CUMMINS you may have to go with something other then MM3 with you having a 5.9

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

8. Thanks Reaper59 thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I’m running the bully dog gt but i’m going EFI at some point. Let me know if you are getting rid of your smarty. Have been told that smarty and EFI are the recommended tuners for 5.9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Reaper59 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Reaper59 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by david3gen View Post
    I’m running the bully dog gt but i’m going EFI at some point. Let me know if you are getting rid of your smarty. Have been told that smarty and EFI are the recommended tuners for 5.9

I may go with what @Killer223 said and do udc for the Smarty if I can find a tuner around here that would be willing to do some custom tuning on say the dyno when I get the injectors and trans taken care of... I will let you know if I decide to go to EFI live, and need someone to help get some capitol back

12. Likes david3gen liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I may go with what @Killer223 said and do udc for the Smarty if I can find a tuner around here that would be willing to do some custom tuning on say the dyno when I get the injectors and trans taken care of... I will let you know if I decide to go to EFI live, and need someone to help get some capitol back
    Cool. Capitol is always an issue

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Ah yes that damn dreaded disease funds a low

15. Thanks Reaper59 thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

UDC tuning is definitely a fantastic plat form. We recommend it as well.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

17. Thanks Reaper59 thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Is anyone offering UDC for the Ultra platform? I know they do for the MM3