Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Revmax vb on new truck?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Revmax vb on new truck?

Opinions........ My truck purchased this past December. Hit 1000 miles.

Thinking about trans mods for longevity, and mpg.

My issue is having to send a new OEM valve body as a core.

But then again don't want to wait till clutches are worn to change vb.

Is it worth the upgrade to go ahead and change out the vb on a brand new truck?
    My warranty is all ready down the drain. It's fully deleted. Head studs the whole 9.

So I'm not concerned about that. There not worth a **** anyway. My experience has always been they try and blame it on something you did. I'm not up for having to put a hurtin on some service writer.

Or waiting on hold for a week to talk to Chrysler.

So is it worth it?? What are my benefits???

What about a trans go shift kit????
    Cheap but effective....???

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Revmax vb on new truck?

Quote Originally Posted by MrCrowley View Post
    Opinions........ My truck purchased this past December. Hit 1000 miles.

Thinking about trans mods for longevity, and mpg.

My issue is having to send a new OEM valve body as a core.

But then again don't want to wait till clutches are worn to change vb.

Is it worth the upgrade to go ahead and change out the vb on a brand new truck?
    My warranty is all ready down the drain. It's fully deleted. Head studs the whole 9.

So I'm not concerned about that. There not worth a **** anyway. My experience has always been they try and blame it on something you did. I'm not up for having to put a hurtin on some service writer.

Or waiting on hold for a week to talk to Chrysler.

So is it worth it?? What are my benefits???

What about a trans go shift kit????
    Cheap but effective....???
    If you are gonna do work on the tranny I would put in all new @RevMax parts if you can afford it I would even go with all billet parts bud

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

3. Thanks MrCrowley, Muskiebri thanked for this post
    Likes Muskiebri liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Affording it's not a problem. Is it worth it do do you think while it's new??

I'm only going to do valve body for now. .....OK pan to...LOL
    But I'm in no mood to pull a new trans apart to change pump, shaft,clutches and pump.
    I can wait for those.
    So you think it's worth it to do???

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MrCrowley View Post
    Affording it's not a problem. Is it worth it do do you think while it's new??

I'm only going to do valve body for now. .....OK pan to...LOL
    But I'm in no mood to pull a new trans apart to change pump, shaft,clutches and pump.
    I can wait for those.
    So you think it's worth it to do???
    The only thing that I can tell you is when you improve or beef up some parts eventually the other parts you didn't change or beef up are going to eventually give you problems

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Yep yep yep agreed.
    Guess I'm screwed either way.
    That's what started this mess.
    I'm already overpowered. LOL
    Guess I'll get the vb

7. Top Of Page | #6
    Permanent Vacation Diesel Dawgs Performance's Avatar

User Info Menu

Transmission Tune, VB work and a new torque converter.

Diesel Dawgs Performance
    (828)399-1556

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

What does the valve body for for ya? Just added line pressure, or are there other benefits?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    What does the valve body for for ya? Just added line pressure, or are there other benefits?

Pretty much yes. Stock line pressure on a stock valve body is set at like 160-165. Increased line pressure is a big part of trans tuning, but unfortunately the stock valve body can't handle much more than 180-185. So a beefed up valve body gives the ability to raise it even more. Into the 220 psi range I think.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

10. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Guess I don't need one then. I installed a BD Protect68 plate but not the controller. Ray tuned it with the MM3 instead. It ramps up to 250 psi when I get on it. That Ray's pretty handy isn't he?

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

11. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    Guess I don't need one then. I installed a BD Protect68 plate but not the controller. Ray tuned it with the MM3 instead. It ramps up to 250 psi when I get on it. That Ray's pretty handy isn't he?

Yes indeed agreed Ray is the man tuning wizard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast