Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 6.7 Turbo Surge After Delete (RaceME Ultra)

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2014 6.7 Turbo Surge After Delete (RaceME Ultra)

I'm having problems with my turbo surging at low throttle- leaving red light/ stop signs. It only does the surge since I deleted the egr. I ran it with just exhaust deletes for 3k no problems. I bought the truck stock,off a ram dealer in June with 30k it now has 42k I did the 5 inch turbo back and race me at 33k. Now the egr at 39k. I read on one site to plug the servo back in and just leave it? But I didn't know about that.

Any help would be great

Thank you

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Did you plug the exhaust pressure sensor back in after the delete? I'll see if I can find a pic of the location.
    @Kumrow99

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I will look like this

https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/57e1bb4b...re_sensor.jpg?

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

5. Thanks TX NIGHT TRAIN thanked for this post
    Likes TX NIGHT TRAIN, beans20 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

There is no sensors unplugged except the servo? If I put the truck on a plus 30hp and change the VGT to like mild spool it doesn't do surge just on the setting stock with deletes tune. I would like to run it stock tune but without the surge it's really loud. This is my first cummins. I just don't know

Thanks

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

The canned raceme tunes do seem to like the egr components intact. Not sure what it is, but that light surge is normal on certain if not all settings. Some may be better than others. Bumb it up if that's better. Nothing to worry about in the higher hp settings of you're smart with them. Otherwise custom tuning gets rid of that surge also.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

mine does the same thing on stock with deletes annoyed me so much I just flashed it back to 60hp mild spool for now, I plan on ordering some warp in the coming months

I tried plugging the EGR servo back in ect nothing made the surge go away except flashing it to something else

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Mine does it bone stock. It's very faint and you have to really listen and feel for it. Usually only before reaching full temp though.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

10. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Plug the egr servo back in. It won't totally fix it, but will help. Ray told me that something in the box tuning makes the turbo go into "safe" mode which causes the surge. He can fix it in warp, but I think it was race ME's lazy way of making the turbo somewhat behave with missing parts after deleting the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes TX NIGHT TRAIN liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Is it ok to delete the exhaust gas pressure sensor? My surge is the same with or without the sensor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast