Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  35
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: COOLANT SMELL no coolant leaks.

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: COOLANT SMELL no coolant leaks.

Maybe residual fluid left over from the delete. But on my 2016 2500 ram I've seen coolant residue on the front right part of the oil pan and just above that is the water pump. Water pump is probably starting to seep in that might be the coin you're smelling

2. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Froe View Post
    I had a coolant smell for a while but couldn't pinpoint the location. After searching hard for a mirror I found it was coming from the bottom of the coolant y pipe.

Attachment 5162

I ordered a new y pipe from Rollin Smoke Diesel and went to NAPA and fitted some GATES hoses and changed the setup out. Never had a problem since.

Attachment 5163

https://www.rollinsmokediesel.com/pd...ators-only.cfm
    The Y-Pipe on my 2013 literally split yesterday, spraying coolant everywhere. I ordered this same part from Pure Diesel Performance. Question: Is this pipe the same for the lower hose also? If so, I'll need to order one for that too.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

3. Top Of Page | #33

Quote Originally Posted by walla2k5 View Post
    The Y-Pipe on my 2013 literally split yesterday, spraying coolant everywhere. I ordered this same part from Pure Diesel Performance. Question: Is this pipe the same for the lower hose also? If so, I'll need to order one for that too.

To be honest I didnt realize it had one at the bottom. My opinion is if you already have to buy coolant I would change it now just for peace of mind. Better now then later!

2019 Ram 2500. 8” FTS Lift. 38x15.50 Fury MT’s on 26x14 XF Offroad wheels.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4/Raceme Ultra with DRD WARP tunes/EGR, Throttle Valve, DPF Delete, 4'' FloPro/5'' Rough Country Lift Kit with 37's on 22" Fuel Flow

4. Likes walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Froe View Post
    To be honest I didnt realize it had one at the bottom. My opinion is if you already have to buy coolant I would change it now just for peace of mind. Better now then later!
    I was poking around under the pickup and checking websites, but I can't see it well enough to tell if they are the same. I'd hate to spend $100, just to find out they're different. I was thinking the same thing, might as well change it now, than have it fail later.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

6. Likes david3gen liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

I was poking around under the pickup and checking websites, but I can't see it well enough to tell if they are the same. I'd hate to spend $100, just to find out they're different. I was thinking the same thing, might as well change it now, than have it fail later.
    Just heard back from pure diesel power, y pipe does not fit the lower radiator hose. Don't know if the lower has the same affliction as the upper, but may get a place to fab one for me.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

8. Thanks Joe Froe thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

Just heard back from pure diesel power, y pipe does not fit the lower radiator hose. Don't know if the lower has the same affliction as the upper, but may get a place to fab one for me.

Here is the Black Market Performance billet Y-Pipe, I installed today. No more leaks!

10. Likes 4kids2dogs&RV liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234