Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5500 C&C Laramie Crew upfitted with a Pickup Box.

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

5500 C&C Laramie Crew upfitted with a Pickup Box.

Not for me but I thought I'd share....

Was clicking around the interweb and I stumbled upon this gorgeous beast.

4.88 ratio. Laramie Trim.

Upfitted with a Pickup box.

New 2017 Ram 5500 Chassis For Sale | Sanford FL

http://www.ramtrucks.com/hostd/windo...WRNELXHG520281

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

5500 C&C Laramie Crew upfitted with a Pickup Box.

Good lord that's a lot of truck . I'll take two please ! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tequila Sunrise Pearl 2102 Ram 3500 Laramie . 4" Tuff Ez Ride Suspension Lift , 20" Moto Metal Razor wheels wrapped in 35" Nitto Terra Grappler G2 .
    United Pacific triple trumpet train horn .No Performance mods yet .

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Re: 5500 C&C Laramie Crew upfitted with a Pickup Box.

Oh so nice,!!

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Thanks I HAD A Cummins thanked for this post
    Likes I HAD A Cummins, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Nice, but would hate to drive as a daily. We have 4 5500 in our fleet and those things are a stiff ride. Only way they ride nice is loaded down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Ok, sssplain this Lucy ....

Advertise Sales Price per WebPage: 75,353.00
    Listed Price Per The Window Sticker: 68,105.00
    Difference ..................................... 7,247.00

Is this difference because of advertising cost or they don't like the smaller number ?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Ok, sssplain this Lucy ....

Advertise Sales Price per WebPage: 75,353.00
    Listed Price Per The Window Sticker: 68,105.00
    Difference ..................................... 7,247.00

Is this difference because of advertising cost or they don't like the smaller number ?
    I just got off the phone earlier today with the seller. His name is Jim Todd. If anyone wants his cell, PM me.

Jim used to sell GM Kodiak 5500 Pickup Upfitted trucks. He has a lot of experience. He left GM when they dropped the medium duty trucks and started selling RAM focusing on C&C trucks.

On this truck the bed was modified and the whole conversion is sanctioned by FCA. The up-fitter is actually located in Texas.

The bed was extended 10" up behind the cab with steel. They had to also widen the fenders in the rear because the track width of the rear DANA axle is wider. It has a gooseneck and 5th wheel prep.

Regarding the front fender flares -- He's done a couple of these and the front fender flares do no accept paint well and it tends to bubble over time. From experience, he's decided to leave the black front fender flares and let the buyer decide if they like it or not. He seems to think a little of the 5500 vestige is nice.

About how it rides -- He said the wheelbase and the bed and the 52 gallon tank helps smooth out the ride a bit and the ride "isn't as bad as you might think." He said when towing, it's a beast.

About why he didn't go to Ford -- He thought the RAM C&C line of 3500 / 4500 and 5500 trucks are the best in this segment. He doesn't like the Ford engine and thinks that there is a lot of untapped potential for business on 5500 RAM trucks and even larger down the road.

The upfit cost him over $14k including transportation back and forth to Texas from North Florida. List on the truck would be around $83k ($68,100 sticker + Upfit). The web price of around $75k includes discounts. (I'm sure like everything else in life -- it's negotiable.)

He has done these before and just recently sold one to a buyer in Michigan who had it shipped up there. He said it was in stock after getting upfitted for less than a month.

His goal was to make these done right with no compromises as if it came from the factory like this.

Seems like a nice guy -- likes to talk trucks -- and didn't seem to be blowing smoke.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

That is one serious truck!

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

That is a lot of truck there! Wish I had the money to afford that!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I want it but the cost is too high for me

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

17. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast