Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which tune to use? Tow/Haul?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Which tune to use? Tow/Haul?

I will be driving to Colorado from Texas pulling a 24 foot enclosed trailer hauling a RZR and some dirtbikes. I am currently running the 150 tune on my RaceMe Ultra. I have 5" TBE, Intake and all deletes. So, I wondering what is the best tune to run with when doing this trip and can I use the "Tow/Haul" mode? I just want to make sure I don't trash my trans. Thanks.

Robert

2016 RAM 2500 MegaCab Limited, 6.5" BDS Lift, 22" American Force Wheels on 37s, Fusion bumpers front and rear, custom painted grille and tailgate (had to remove the gigantic "RAM"), RaceMe Ultra tuner, 5" TBE, AirRaid Intake, Amp Research Powerboards, and probably a few other things I have wasted money on.

2. Thanks tmd4, IGOTACUMMINS, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DanO liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Which tune to use? Tow/Haul?

i use the 60 hp and mild spool for towing and that is what i got off of here asking the same thing when i deleted my truck i know its not much info but i was told to keep it under the 100 hp for towing

2015 ram 2500 Laramie amp steps line x the box 18" outlaw wheels bfg rigid terrain tires raceme ultra sinister egr delete flopro pipe

4. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes dieseljeeper liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cumminsram15 View Post
    i use the 60 hp and mild spool for towing and that is what i got off of here asking the same thing when i deleted my truck i know its not much info but i was told to keep it under the 100 hp for towing
    Thank you. I'll do that. I used to run the highest setting on my 2012 with the H&S XRT Pro and all the deletes. It pulled like a freight train and got 20+ mpg.

2016 RAM 2500 MegaCab Limited, 6.5" BDS Lift, 22" American Force Wheels on 37s, Fusion bumpers front and rear, custom painted grille and tailgate (had to remove the gigantic "RAM"), RaceMe Ultra tuner, 5" TBE, AirRaid Intake, Amp Research Powerboards, and probably a few other things I have wasted money on.

6. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

i haven't had the chance to pull to much since i deleted been a crazy summer so camper and all the toys been kinda sitting but i sure hope to have a chance soon

2015 ram 2500 Laramie amp steps line x the box 18" outlaw wheels bfg rigid terrain tires raceme ultra sinister egr delete flopro pipe

8. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Mileage very poor towing on 60 mild spool. Been at it 120 and quick spool, big spike in mpg BUT I baby it all the time, no mistakes, no quick black smoke puffs, none of that. Just drive it..matter of fact, my rail pressure is lower, my transmission pressure is lower, and my boost is higher. Only recommend this for certain folks

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Thanks. So I shouldn't worry about getting the Warp tune just yet? I was just thinking it might help things out or help with any transmission issues.

11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I haven't messed with the tranny tune on mine yet. I'm actually quite scared. I feel like the TQ should lock up faster in 1st and 2nd gear. I wish ray would give some insight to the the improvements on longevity for custom tuning for transmission. I feel like power wise the motor is flush with more than enough.

12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by elcubano View Post
    I haven't messed with the tranny tune on mine yet. I'm actually quite scared. I feel like the TQ should lock up faster in 1st and 2nd gear. I wish ray would give some insight to the the improvements on longevity for custom tuning for transmission. I feel like power wise the motor is flush with more than enough.

With the warp tunning from ray, your torque converter will lock up sooner, putting all the power to the ground. ..no more slipping and reving to the moon

2016 RAM 2500 LARAMIE LONGHORN CC LB 4X4 6.7 CUMMINS 68RFE 3.42
    Carli King 2.5 pintop 37X13.50R18 TOYO MT
    S&B intake RACE ME ULTRA .DOUBLE R DIESEL WARP TUNING

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes elcubano, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

do I have to reprogram everytime I change hp

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #10