Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  15
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bully or Edge

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Bully or Edge

tuners will void your warranty but it's up to the dealership to enforce that. I've talked to service writers that will still honor the warranty even with a programmer on it. The Edge Attitude doesn't flash the ECM though. It intercepts the signal from the ECM and manipulates it before it gets to the engine.

2. Likes Chris_24V liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Back-in-Black View Post
    tuners will void your warranty but it's up to the dealership to enforce that. I've talked to service writers that will still honor the warranty even with a programmer on it. The Edge Attitude doesn't flash the ECM though. It intercepts the signal from the ECM and manipulates it before it gets to the engine.
    Same thing. Only to a certain point. Those big ticket items require approval from FCA. Dealers simply cannot do certain warranty repairs without their approval. Most of those have to do with powertrain.

That's interesting to hear about the Edge. To give a person the best chance to maintain a full warranty that's the way I'd go.

4. Likes Chris_24V liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Yeah, I just took mine out yesterday to make room for the MM3. I had my truck ECM flashed last month by the dealership with the Edge installed and they never said anything about.

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Thats interesting about edge, almost makes it worth the extra cost in the interm. Ive read online and in a magazine that bully is the only tuner that can unlock the ecm short of sending the ecm off to be unlocked if I ever wanted to run custom tunning. I would need to pair the bully with another tuner, because from my understanding no one else has figured out how to unlock via a tuner yet. Like I initially posted I am really only looking to monitor and adjust for tire size for now, however it would be nice to buy one tuner that can do it all if I decide to start making changes down the road.

7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post
    Thats interesting about edge, almost makes it worth the extra cost in the interm. Ive read online and in a magazine that bully is the only tuner that can unlock the ecm short of sending the ecm off to be unlocked if I ever wanted to run custom tunning. I would need to pair the bully with another tuner, because from my understanding no one else has figured out how to unlock via a tuner yet. Like I initially posted I am really only looking to monitor and adjust for tire size for now, however it would be nice to buy one tuner that can do it all if I decide to start making changes down the road.
    You've come to the right place, my friend. You're correct about having to pair the Bullydog with another tuner however the RaceMe Ultra (and new MM3) is an all-in-one tuner that does what the Bullydog and EFI Live do together. I believe the RaceMe is the only all-in-one solution for late model RAMs right now (guys correct me if I'm wrong). But again it flashes the ECM so you're back to what @SB09 was talking about with your warranty. If you want to know all about the RaceMe then read any thread that Double R Diesel is part of. He's our resident expert.
    If you're interested in a used Edge, PM me.

8. Thanks SB09, Chris_24V, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Hypertech makes a speedo only adjuster for the Rams. You can find it on there website!!!

10. Top Of Page | #17
    Permanent Vacation Diesel Dawgs Performance's Avatar

User Info Menu

No tuner is 100% untraceable. If the dealer looks hard enough they can figure it out.

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, TX NIGHT TRAIN liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12