Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16

Thread: Front end grabbing or pulling?

1. Top Of Page | #1

Front end grabbing or pulling?

Noticed while driving to Alabama my front end is doing something funny. Started around Mississippi, so 2000ish miles into trip? Front feels kinda like it does if you drive 4wd on pavement. More noticeable turning sharp at low speeds, but I also have a vibration at higher speeds (that may just be balance). Everything is tight and straight as far as I can tell, but there's a tiny play in steering. I'll have it off the ground next week to get a better look, just wondering if anybody has thoughts on it? Places to start looking? Thanks!

2015 Ram 2500 with a majestic 6.7 Cummins and 68RFE. Fully deleted with MM3 and tunes from DoubleRDiesel. 5" Flo-Pro exhaust. S&B cold air intake. Custom sound system by Me. Proud American.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Front end grabbing or pulling?

Quote Originally Posted by WyomingHunter View Post
    Noticed while driving to Alabama my front end is doing something funny. Started around Mississippi, so 2000ish miles into trip? Front feels kinda like it does if you drive 4wd on pavement. More noticeable turning sharp at low speeds, but I also have a vibration at higher speeds (that may just be balance). Everything is tight and straight as far as I can tell, but there's a tiny play in steering. I'll have it off the ground next week to get a better look, just wondering if anybody has thoughts on it? Places to start looking? Thanks!
    Make sure your tires are good and balanced and not wearing funny. Tires give out a lot of false front end issues. If your tires are good then start checking joints

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

--Work gives you meaning and purpose, Life is empty without it--

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sisupower View Post
    Make sure your tires are good and balanced and not wearing funny. Tires give out a lot of false front end issues. If your tires are good then start checking joints

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    X2 tires are really important they are the contact patch between your vehicle and the ground

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

x3 on the tires! I searched and spent a ton of money when all i needed was a different tire..... LOL! Keep us updated brother.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Top Of Page | #5

Ok, I'll get tires off and checked by pros first. Then start chasing joints. Glad to get all y'all saying the same thing. Thanks!

2015 Ram 2500 with a majestic 6.7 Cummins and 68RFE. Fully deleted with MM3 and tunes from DoubleRDiesel. 5" Flo-Pro exhaust. S&B cold air intake. Custom sound system by Me. Proud American.

6. Likes walla2k5, Sisupower, cumminsbadgirl liked this post