Likes Likes:  64
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Water pump recall

1. Top Of Page | #31
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: Water pump recall

Quote Originally Posted by .44mag View Post
    Just keep an eye on it, took mine a week to burp. I drive 162 mile round trip to and from work so........ Just to be safe that's all I'm saying.
    Thanks for the advice 44mag, had to add approx. 2 cups after a couple more heat cycles. All good now!

2. Thanks .44mag thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl, .44mag liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Has any dealer given anyone a rough time doing recalls with a deleted truck? Any precautions you should take when dropping it off or tell them anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jbutts1 View Post
    Has any dealer given anyone a rough time doing recalls with a deleted truck? Any precautions you should take when dropping it off or tell them anything?

With my water pump recall that was the 1st visit after having my deletes done,I asked 1st thing if they needed to flash the ECM and he told me NO but just in case I told the service advisor to WRITE ALL OVER THE PAPERWORK TO NOT FLASH THE ECM and he did and I approved it after I seen the paperwork, it was highlighted in yellow all over LOL. They told me before when they knew I was getting it deleted to make sure and TELL them NOT to flash the ECM, a customer had gone in there before and told them it was deleted but he didn’t tell them to not flash it and they did, he was not a happy customer, sooooo... just to be on the safe side, LET THEM KNOW

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

5. Thanks Jbutts1 thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

What @cumminsbadgirl said let them know ahead of time you don't want/need it.

7. Thanks cumminsbadgirl, Jbutts1 thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl, walla2k5, Jbutts1 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by .44mag View Post
    What @cumminsbadgirl said let them know ahead of time you don't want/need it.
    What they said... and if they don't like it... find a new dealer!

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

9. Thanks cumminsbadgirl, Jbutts1, .44mag thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl, walla2k5, Jbutts1 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsbadgirl View Post
    With my water pump recall that was the 1st visit after having my deletes done,I asked 1st thing if they needed to flash the ECM and he told me NO but just in case I told the service advisor to WRITE ALL OVER THE PAPERWORK TO NOT FLASH THE ECM and he did and I approved it after I seen the paperwork, it was highlighted in yellow all over LOL. They told me before when they knew I was getting it deleted to make sure and TELL them NOT to flash the ECM, a customer had gone in there before and told them it was deleted but he didn’t tell them to not flash it and they did, he was not a happy customer, sooooo... just to be on the safe side, LET THEM KNOW
    Thanks I will be doing that

11. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl, walla2k5 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

I just ordered a new pump, going to change it out while I have the coolant drained to install my coolant filter.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

13. Likes cumminsbadgirl, walla2k5 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #38

Quote Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
    I just ordered a new pump, going to change it out while I have the coolant drained to install my coolant filter.
    Just curious, why not have your dealership do it for free?

2015 Ram 2500 with a majestic 6.7 Cummins and 68RFE. Fully deleted with MM3 and tunes from DoubleRDiesel. 5" Flo-Pro exhaust. S&B cold air intake. Custom sound system by Me. Proud American.

15. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WyomingHunter View Post
    Just curious, why not have your dealership do it for free?
    My feeling is why would I let the dealer do something I can do myself and know it is done right. If I leave it at the dealer who knows what they will screw up like flashing my ECM. Plus I don't have time to drop it off at the dealer for 4 - 5 hours, this is a simple part replacement I would rather do myself on a weekend on my time.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

17. Likes cumminsbadgirl, WyomingHunter liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #40

Quote Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
    My feeling is why would I let the dealer do something I can do myself and know it is done right. If I leave it at the dealer who knows what they will screw up like flashing my ECM. Plus I don't have time to drop it off at the dealer for 4 - 5 hours, this is a simple part replacement I would rather do myself on a weekend on my time.
    Understandable. I took mine in first thing and they got it done in 1.5 hrs, but I did stop back for them to top my coolant later in the day after a few good heat cycles. Helps my place is small and I made sure they knew not to do anything with my ECM or MM3. That and I didn't want to pay for it or fight for reimbursement haha. Hope it and filter install both go smoothly.

2015 Ram 2500 with a majestic 6.7 Cummins and 68RFE. Fully deleted with MM3 and tunes from DoubleRDiesel. 5" Flo-Pro exhaust. S&B cold air intake. Custom sound system by Me. Proud American.

19. Likes cumminsbadgirl, walla2k5 liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast