Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  100
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm sure i'm not the first ..

1. Top Of Page | #81

User Info Menu

Re: I'm sure i'm not the first ..

Hey everyone!!! ok ... i made my way to look at this blue truck I showed ya'll before .. he's come down to $24,900 on the price .. I still think that is high with 209k miles ... how should I feel about that many miles guys? I have carfaxed her and she's free of any accidents or anything else reported to KBB ... but her KBB with that many miles is $19k to $21k ... 20180331_150853.jpg

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #82

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Tyler View Post
    Hey everyone!!! ok ... i made my way to look at this blue truck I showed ya'll before .. he's come down to $24,900 on the price .. I still think that is high with 209k miles ... how should I feel about that many miles guys? I have carfaxed her and she's free of any accidents or anything else reported to KBB ... but her KBB with that many miles is $19k to $21k ... 20180331_150853.jpg
    It's a pretty truck. I'm betting the owner is counting at least an extra 3k for the wheels and bumper. I personally would be hesitant to buy a truck that I don't know how it was abused. You're going to have to decide what kind of person the owner is and if you trust that it's in good shape. Still seems a bit high. That's my opinion. Do you have a shop you trust to look it over and would the owner be willing to let you take it to them before purchase?

2015 Ram 2500 with a majestic 6.7 Cummins and 68RFE. Fully deleted with MM3 and tunes from DoubleRDiesel. 5" Flo-Pro exhaust. S&B cold air intake. Custom sound system by Me. Proud American.

4. Likes cumminsbadgirl, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #83

User Info Menu

it's a dealership ... so yes i could take it to have it looked over

6. Top Of Page | #84

User Info Menu

I'm with @WyomingHunter.... They are tacking on extra to account for the bumpers and wheels. Which isn't so bad if you planned to get them anyway. But if you be just as happy with factory then use that as bargaining to bring the price down. Give them the option to split the difference between their asking price and KBB or take them off.

And definitely take it to a trusted shop to have them look it over. You do not want to find something wrong a few weeks later that makes you regret the purchase.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

7. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #85

it's a dealership ... so yes i could take it to have it looked over
    Also, when working with a dealership, look at the trade-in value to get an idea how much they've got in it. Most dealerships usually pay a little less than that actually...

2015 Ram 2500 with a majestic 6.7 Cummins and 68RFE. Fully deleted with MM3 and tunes from DoubleRDiesel. 5" Flo-Pro exhaust. S&B cold air intake. Custom sound system by Me. Proud American.

9. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #86

User Info Menu

That’s just way to high of a price for so many miles

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

11. Top Of Page | #87

User Info Menu

Hey everyone .. long time no talk ... well it's almost time to be the proud owner ... being that she will be doing a bit of hauling ... do I need to get a 3500 or 2500??

12. Top Of Page | #88

User Info Menu

Hey everyone .. long time no talk ... well it's almost time to be the proud owner ... being that she will be doing a bit of hauling ... do I need to get a 3500 or 2500??
    What do you plan on hauling? What type of trailer, how heavy? That kind of thing.

I pull a 9-10k pound travel trailer and my 2500 pulls it with no struggle.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel

Greg

13. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #89

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Power247;124333]What do you plan on hauling? What type of trailer, how heavy? That kind of thing.

I pull a 9-10k pound travel trailer and my 2500 pulls it with no struggle.

Thank you for your reply, I feel a little sheepish saying this ... but i'm not sure .. whatever I can honestly ... I would like to use her to make some cash on the weekend ... Flat bed with hay? maybe a car hauler or equipment ... and my camper that is 16,000 gvrw and a boat which is of no consequence .. from what i'm researching .. in the newer models the only difference between a 2500 and a 3500 SRW is the suspension in the rear .. 2500 rated for up to 20,000 GCWR and the 3500 at 25,000 GCWR

That being said ... wouldn't a 2500 do the job just fine being that it's only on occasion and if I ended up getting a repeat costumer at that time I could purchase a cheaper 3500 chassis model for the work?

Or even that the 2500 would be fine working on the weekends and worst case scenario I wear out the suspension in the rear which can be replaced and beefed up since I WILL be changing out my head bolts to studs and beefing the transmission ASAP once purchased

15. Likes Power247 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #90

User Info Menu

Thank you for your reply, I feel a little sheepish saying this ... but i'm not sure .. whatever I can honestly ... I would like to use her to make some cash on the weekend ... Flat bed with hay? maybe a car hauler or equipment ... and my camper that is 16,000 gvrw and a boat which is of no consequence .. from what i'm researching .. in the newer models the only difference between a 2500 and a 3500 SRW is the suspension in the rear .. 2500 rated for up to 20,000 GCWR and the 3500 at 25,000 GCWR

That being said ... wouldn't a 2500 do the job just fine being that it's only on occasion and if I ended up getting a repeat costumer at that time I could purchase a cheaper 3500 chassis model for the work?

Or even that the 2500 would be fine working on the weekends and worst case scenario I wear out the suspension in the rear which can be replaced and beefed up since I WILL be changing out my head bolts to studs and beefing the transmission ASAP once purchased

Personally I would not think of pulling a 16k camper with a 2500. TBH, not sure I would pull it with a 3500 SRW, but I may be more cautious than most.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel

Greg

17. Likes david3gen liked this post
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast