Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  19

Thread: FREE ANSWERS

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Permanent Vacation Honeybadger16's Avatar

User Info Menu

FREE ANSWERS

i know im a new memeber and all but ive worked in the RV industry for around 5 years ive installed countless hitches of various brands air bags pin boxes you name it ive probably done it and ive pulled everything from 17fters too 44 fters hell maybe even your mom LOL feel free to ask anything

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: FREE ANSWERS

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybadger16 View Post
    i know im a new memeber and all but ive worked in the RV industry for around 5 years ive installed countless hitches of various brands air bags pin boxes you name it ive probably done it and ive pulled everything from 17fters too 44 fters hell maybe even your mom LOL feel free to ask anything
    I got one for you. @F350Cummins has a 17- 2500. He puts 8K on it and clains it's wishy washy. Hell I can put 18K on my 03 and it stays right there. All I did was add a Hellwig rear sway and later air bags. And that was with a busted spring! But his has rear coils. I suggested a bigger sway bar and maybe a better shock

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Likes watersupply189, AnOldBiker liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I got one for you. @F350Cummins has a 17- 2500. He puts 8K on it and clains it's wishy washy. Hell I can put 18K on my 03 and it stays right there. All I did was add a Hellwig rear sway and later air bags. And that was with a busted spring! But his has rear coils. I suggested a bigger sway bar and maybe a better shock

every day drive ability for the 3/4 with coils is awesome as far as a truck goes. I have a 16 with coils however, coils are also its down fall when towing even though it is "capable" of 18k thats only in a perfect world.I had about 7k on mine through some really nasty side winds and it turned into 8 hrs of white knuckles down to mojave. If i were to have to do that again I myself would be looking into sway bar and definatley helper bags. coils are great but they just aint stout enough for large loads especially travel trailers because alot of people tend to load them where ever stuff fits and then it becomes an unbalanced load which will definatley add too the pucker factor. Also if using a weight distribution hitch just because the window licker at camping world says yup good too go shes set up perfect, well im sure you can see where im going with that one. LOL

5. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

every day drive ability for the 3/4 with coils is awesome as far as a truck goes. I have a 16 with coils however, coils are also its down fall when towing even though it is "capable" of 18k thats only in a perfect world.I had about 7k on mine through some really nasty side winds and it turned into 8 hrs of white knuckles down to mojave. If i were to have to do that again I myself would be looking into sway bar and definatley helper bags. coils are great but they just aint stout enough for large loads especially travel trailers because alot of people tend to load them where ever stuff fits and then it becomes an unbalanced load which will definatley add too the pucker factor. Also if using a weight distribution hitch just because the window licker at camping world says yup good too go shes set up perfect, well im sure you can see where im going with that one. LOL
    I've had quite a few pucker incidents.

I see Hellwig makes a larger rear sway bar for the 2500's. I asked @Dud's Performance Diesel to look one up for @F350Cummins. I remember towing with a Chevy that had rear coils once and was glad to get back into a Dodge.

I have an 03 3500. The 3500 is nothing more than overload springs back then. I did the Hellwig sway, and air bags, individually charged and a leveling hitch. I only use the leveler on long trips and loaded. It took a while with this truck, but it's pretty stable now. Rode around for 4 1/2 years with a busted spring and didn't know it. DSCN0524.jpg

So what you're saying is a heavier sway bar and air bags will fix him up? That's where I'm leaning

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I've had quite a few pucker incidents.

I see Hellwig makes a larger rear sway bar for the 2500's. I asked @Dud's Performance Diesel to look one up for @F350Cummins. I remember towing with a Chevy that had rear coils once and was glad to get back into a Dodge.

I have an 03 3500. The 3500 is nothing more than overload springs back then. I did the Hellwig sway, and air bags, individually charged and a leveling hitch. I only use the leveler on long trips and loaded. It took a while with this truck, but it's pretty stable now. Rode around for 4 1/2 years with a busted spring and didn't know it. DSCN0524.jpg

So what you're saying is a heavier sway bar and air bags will fix him up? That's where I'm leaning
    should do the trick however they are still coils, but by all means it will improve dramatically allow him to enjoy the drive more rather then stress.

9. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

should do the trick however they are still coils, but by all means it will improve dramatically allow him to enjoy the drive more rather then stress.
    Alex told me some trailer place said they have a cure for $5500. Heavy sway bar and a set of bags less than a grand. I may be brain damaged, but that is a hard call to make. @F350Cummins. Alex. There's your answer. We agreed yesterday this is what will work

11. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Alex told me some trailer place said they have a cure for $5500. Heavy sway bar and a set of bags less than a grand. I may be brain damaged, but that is a hard call to make. @F350Cummins. Alex. There's your answer. We agreed yesterday this is what will work
    cant always trust a shop my buddy is a certified cummins mechanic and him and i both laughed when a shop quoted me $8500 for head studs

13. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

also keep in mind parts are cheap however install of air bags i havnt put them on a 4th gen yet but everyother truck ive done has been one big giant pain in the *** especially keeping everything clean tucked up and out of sight

15. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

also keep in mind parts are cheap however install of air bags i havnt put them on a 4th gen yet but everyother truck ive done has been one big giant pain in the *** especially keeping everything clean tucked up and out of sight
    If you're curious about helper air bags, the Air-Lift 5000's are piece of cake to install on a 4th gen.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I hear that! I've got so many toys on my truck, the tuck spaces are filling up! After 6 years, some of it is starting to give me trouble. I'm in the process of rewiring. You'll have to follow my thread and see what I am doing to my air bags to make them better. News at 11

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post