Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torque Management RaceME Ultra?

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Torque Management RaceME Ultra?

I was wondering what exactly is going on with Torque Management if someone could explain it better. I understand it is the engine cutting power to help the transmission out during shifts, which sounds like a good thing to help save the tranny. I have been goofing around with different Ultra settings with torque management dropped down from the low default to "stock". Is there anything detrimental by running the higher HP settings this way with stock torque management?

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lunkhead View Post
    I was wondering what exactly is going on with Torque Management if someone could explain it better. I understand it is the engine cutting power to help the transmission out during shifts, which sounds like a good thing to help save the tranny. I have been goofing around with different Ultra settings with torque management dropped down from the low default to "stock". Is there anything detrimental by running the higher HP settings this way with stock torque management?
    Not gonna hurt a thing. In reality the torque adjustment feature with the 2010-12 trucks is nothing more than a throttle sensitivity adjustment. The higher you set the torque, the more sensitive your throttle will be.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

4. Thanks Lunkhead thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

What is the RaceME Ultra doing to the torque management on the 2013+ Models though? Mine is still a dog while just driving away from red lights and such until she comes up on boost. Low end throttle response and pedal feel is anticlimactic at best. There has to be a way to lessen the effect of the throttle sensitivity lag or the torque management.

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Surfman423 View Post
    What is the RaceME Ultra doing to the torque management on the 2013+ Models though? Mine is still a dog while just driving away from red lights and such until she comes up on boost. Low end throttle response and pedal feel is anticlimactic at best. There has to be a way to lessen the effect of the throttle sensitivity lag or the torque management.
    Unless RaceME decides to make a change, we will have to wait on the custom tuning software to make the newer models have better throttle response.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

7. Likes oneshotkyle, Noneck liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

So on the 10-12 trucks you are getting the exact same power, just deeper into the pedal on the stock setting as you are on the mild default setting? No transmission saving benefits at all to running stock over wild?

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lunkhead View Post
    So on the 10-12 trucks you are getting the exact same power, just deeper into the pedal on the stock setting as you are on the mild default setting? No transmission saving benefits at all to running stock over wild?
    Correct.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Question.
    Not sure how the torque management adjusts throttle sensitivity, but not throttle response. What is the difference between the two? Also, what is the benefit of the torque management/throttle sensitivity?

12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeDiesel View Post
    Question.
    Not sure how the torque management adjusts throttle sensitivity, but not throttle response. What is the difference between the two? Also, what is the benefit of the torque management/throttle sensitivity?
    In my eyes throttle sensitivity and response are the same. Set the torque on mild and the truck is smooth to drive... Set it on wild and you'll find yourself spinning rocks coming out of a drive way with an automatic truck. Now with a manual, the wild torque setting may be quite enjoyable.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Ok, makes sense then. I'll be installing the raceme this weekend most likely and have been researching as much as I can. Glad someone had a question about the torque management as well.. Thanks Ray

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Ray, will torque management be adjustable when warp tuning becomes available. and I take it traction control will have to be shut off at the same time. Spinning a cookie is no fun in these new trucks

2015 laramie 3500 CCLB G56 4x4/Thuren springs/trackbar/swaybar with King's on Walker's with 37 Toyo mt's. Raceme/Arp625's/BBI 1.5's/Stainless Diesel 467.7/Airdog 165 4g/Fleece 10mm CP3/GDP grid delete and S3/Hellman VC.....Warp by double r diesel

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, beans20 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast