Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: mm3 question

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

mm3 question

installing mm3 this wknd exhaust will be in next wknd after i hook up and get stock file will gauges still work without dowloading tune just wanted to set up screen and play with it until exhaust comes in also when you get stock file should you dowload on computer for safe keeping. been looking for info but havent found anything on it.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: mm3 question

Quote Originally Posted by rampower88 View Post
    installing mm3 this wknd exhaust will be in next wknd after i hook up and get stock file will gauges still work without dowloading tune just wanted to set up screen and play with it until exhaust comes in also when you get stock file should you dowload on computer for safe keeping. been looking for info but havent found anything on it.
    Make sure you completely;
    1. install your MM3 before you remove any hardware, (i.e. exhaust, egr)
    2.retrieve you stock file and save it to your computer/hard drive for back up.
    3. program your ecm with new tunes.
    4. Complete the deletes; exhaust, egr, etc
    5. Don’t “dog” the truck right after the deletes, allow the “relearn” process to take place. (Shift points, etc)

After I programmed my truck i waited till the next day to remove the exhaust (didnt want to work at night). I still fired it up just to make sure the ecm was programmed correctly. All the gauges seemed to work fine. The tunes trick the ecm to thinking that everything is working as normal (i.e. the stock components).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rampower88 View Post
    Yes you can use it for guages only until you tune and delete it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

5. Thanks rampower88 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, rampower88, Paidkiller10 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

thanks for the info, got it all mounted and wired gauges,works great got stock file now just waiting on exhaust then we can tune her up.

7. Likes Paidkiller10, walla2k5 liked this post