Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Stuck in Park

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Stuck in Park

My 2017 CCSB Big Horn, 68RFE, is stuck in park. I depress brake pedal, I hear the audible "click", I pull the column towards me and hear the audible click, the "P" turns to red indicating its no longer in park or will be changed, and I can't put it in drive or neutral. I'm pulling down pretty darn hard. I turned the truck off, back on; tried it in the RUN position with truck off, etc. This is the 4th or 5th time its happened, but I cant get it into drive this time. Truck only has 1,500 miles!

^This is the urgent question. I've already called in late to work with the "car issues" excuse. 30 minutes of working the issue.

ALSO: I've also had a few instances where I put the truck into PARK after driving, turned the truck off, but the truck won't let me take the key out and/or won't let me put the truck into PARK from DRIVE.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Stuck in Park

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat87 View Post
    My 2017 CCSB Big Horn, 68RFE, is stuck in park. I depress brake pedal, I hear the audible "click", I pull the column towards me and hear the audible click, the "P" turns to red indicating its no longer in park or will be changed, and I can't put it in drive or neutral. I'm pulling down pretty darn hard. I turned the truck off, back on; tried it in the RUN position with truck off, etc. This is the 4th or 5th time its happened, but I cant get it into drive this time. Truck only has 1,500 miles!

^This is the urgent question. I've already called in late to work with the "car issues" excuse. 30 minutes of working the issue.

ALSO: I've also had a few instances where I put the truck into PARK after driving, turned the truck off, but the truck won't let me take the key out and/or won't let me put the truck into PARK from DRIVE.
    Call and have your truck towed to the dealership. It's under warranty being a 2017. They should give you a loaner vehicle to use until your truck is repaired. Best of luck to you and sorry to hear your having issues with your new rig. I'm sure it's probably nothing major.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

3. Likes david3gen liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

had that with mine on an incline, it took some pressure to take it out of gear. Use park brake before you put it in park, and it hasnt happened to me since

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

5. Likes watersupply189, steamboat87 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Theres a switch on the brake if its shot the lever will not move out of Park..
    I changed mine out checking something and forgot to remove the plastic tab and it would not move ..

7. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 300zx View Post
    Theres a switch on the brake if its shot the lever will not move out of Park..
    I changed mine out checking something and forgot to remove the plastic tab and it would not move ..
    Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

9. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

The truck is drive by wire. The problem is in the column or as mentioned the brake switch. But you said you hear it click.

Try pushing up on the lever, step on the brake, then try.

As F350 mentioned, Hills can be a problem, but not so much with the electric shifting. I think he has a knob in his new truck.

Try twisting the wheel back and forth while pulling on the lever and see what happens. I believe they still have the wheel lock in them.

Worst comes to worst, you can take the cover off the bottom and see if the lockout plunger is working

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

11. Likes david3gen liked this post