Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  43
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MM3 Emission Tuning

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MM3 Emission Tuning

Good afternoon, I am looking for some input, honest and accurate.

I am trying to make a decision about a tuner/tune for my truck but a couple things you should know... Considering the MM3 Emission tune...

I am not going to delete anything at this point, hence the "Emission Tuning" in the title...

I have a CAI (S&B) installed, and nothing else performance wise at this point.

I would like better response on the road, more efficient shifting, better towing, not looking to be a street racer or track truck. This is mainly going to be light tow about 10-12 times a year, and driving to and from home/work.

If you have a truck similar, I would love to hear your opinions and outtake on what I am wanting to do.

Have a great afternoon!

Thank you ahead of time!

2. Thanks cumminsbadgirl, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 Emission Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Gezyon View Post

I am trying to make a decision about a tuner/tune for my truck but a couple things you should know... Considering the MM3 Emission tune...

I am not going to delete anything at this point, hence the "Emission Tuning" in the title...

I would like better response on the road, more efficient shifting, better towing, not looking to be a street racer or track truck. This is mainly going to be light tow about 10-12 times a year, and driving to and from home/work.

If you have a truck similar, I would love to hear your opinions and outtake on what I am wanting to do.

Have a great afternoon!

Thank you ahead of time!
    @watersupply189 used to have emission compliant tuning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Permanent Vacation KeepEmRollin14's Avatar

User Info Menu

I’m actually working in this same thing.

I would say good advise can be viewed on DRD youtube video about the emissions intact tuning.

When you take away one thing just know that you have the potential to put more stress on the SCR and or use more DEF.

You still could benefit from trans tuning and a mild tow tune though which is what I’m testing on my truck, then moving to deletes.

Ill be posting more videos on my channel as I progress. I did have my 14’ deleted and ran it emissions intact for about 30k.

Runs way better without all that mess.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUa...3xLRZeEXF06wkw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes cumminsbadgirl, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

My biggest concern with doing a delete, is getting the vehicle safety inspected every year... Back in the day you could find people who would inspect if you had dark tint, now days you can barely find someone who will do it without failing you for the tint... even if the tint is only .32% darker than legal...

I went through that once... LOL...

I just want to have a bit more performance, with keeping everything intact to be able to pass inspections without issues...

I will check the YouTube channels when I get home from work...

Doesn't really work well here...

8. Likes cumminsbadgirl, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Have a great afternoon!

Thank you ahead of time!
    I had the emissions compliant tune for about a year on my truck. I never had any issues with it but I’ll tell you that you will go thru a tank of DEF about every 2,500 miles.
    I kept mine set at 60hp. When towing I dropped it down to 30hp.
    My stock clutch couldn’t handle anything over 90hp without it slipping some.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

10. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    I had the emissions compliant tune for about a year on my truck. I never had any issues with it but I’ll tell you that you will go thru a tank of DEF about every 2,500 miles.
    I kept mine set at 60hp. When towing I dropped it down to 30hp.
    My stock clutch couldn’t handle anything over 90hp without it slipping some.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....
    So would you say that it would be worth getting the tune with emissions? I don't mind going through DEF... I thought the tune was able to turn the emission stuff off so you wouldn't utilize it or have it running?

When you decided to delete, did DRD re-tune without added cost?

Just curious...

I am definitely wanting to do it... Just want some "real world" users opinions and honest thoughts about it.

12. Thanks watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

So would you say that it would be worth getting the tune with emissions? I don't mind going through DEF... I thought the tune was able to turn the emission stuff off so you wouldn't utilize it or have it running?

Just curious...

I am definitely wanting to do it... Just want some "real world" users opinions and honest thoughts about it.
    The EGR is turned off but the exhaust system is still operational. Going from emission compliant tuning to delete tuning won't be free.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Just curious...

If you live in an area that does emissions testing then yes this is the way to go.

Just remember it only turns the EGR off so it’s not recirculating the gassed back into your engine hence more DEF usage because the “soot cookers” clog up faster.

You also won’t get any sound difference in exhaust tone.

Yes it did cost to retune when I did delete.

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I have 11k miles on my truck and I think I put DRD EGR-less tuning on before 5k miles on the truck. I did my write up with some pictures of install. I have been nothing but pleased

With DRD tuning and using the MM3. I buy DEF in the 2.5 Gal jugs and so far I have purchased 4 of these since it was full when I bought the truck last AUG new.

If you are not in a area that does Road/Emission testing.

You could get DRD tuning that allows you to keep the Engine looking stock without removing EGR. You would just get a Exhaust Delete pipe that is completely bolt on easy.

This removes all the exhaust emission gunk , it bolts in place and not cutting. Then you would have a engine that would look the same as someone that has “EGR less tuning”but

The benefit of someone that deleted. You can always swap the OEM emission stuff back on, then just retune back to the stock tune on the MM3 if there was dealership fixes.

Send or call DRD , they are fast with replies and even better on the phone.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I have been running the emissions compliant tuning on my truck since 7000 miles.

I am over 76000 now.

No issues related to tuning.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast