Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking to delete 2016 Cummins

1. Top Of Page | #1

Looking to delete 2016 Cummins

I originally planned on waiting until my warranty was up to delete my 2016 Cummins. I have made it 7,500 miles and my DEF system has thrown codes on two separate occasions. Codes were not active when I got to the dealer but they said it was from being so cold and not getting proper flow. If I'm going to get a check engine light every time it's -25 in Minnesota then I may as well just say eff it and just get it over with now.

Looking for a mild tune with a physical delete of the EGR and all that jazz. Pro or con from going Turbo back for exhaust versus CAT back on the exhaust? Looks like RaceMe with a tune from Double R is a popular suggestion in here?

saw somebody said something about it made their turbo spool on a cold start on a RaceMe box tune but I think it does that from the factory as it mine does it on cold starts below -10 (or that's when I noticed it at least)

Anybody want to hold my hand for a minute and give me a suggestion or should I just call the guys at Double R tomorrow?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Looking to delete 2016 Cummins

I just deleted my '16 for the same reasons, and longevity sake. There isn't any need for a full turbo back exhaust unless you are wanting a full 5 inch exhaust. There is no longer a cat in the downpipe. As long as you get rid of the DPF / scr cans under the truck, you are straight piped. Just have to decide if you want a muffer or not.

I don't think you can make a better choice right now than going MM3 on these trucks. Ray will get you taken care of and then some if you go that route. I will say the new ultra/warp updates caused some strangeness in cold starts with my truck but Ray went beyond to make sure I was straightened out.

2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 4x4 AISIN 3.73 DRW - RaceMe Ultra / WARP by Double R Diesel
    2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4x4 68RFE 3.73 - Mini Maxx MCC by Double R Diesel
    2010 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4x4 Garmon 68RFE 3.73 - 500k+ miles Raceme Ultra / Warp by Double R Diesel

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Call @Double R Diesel. 👍

🏁Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!🏁

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Thanks Minnesota_farmer, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I will always promote a product/service that works for me, having said that, Ray from @Double R Diesel has blown away the norm with his outstanding service before and now after purchasing the mm3 ,EGR and 4" with muffler from him. I am extremely happy with the package and Ray has answered all calls and email sent and is just hands down a great guy to talk to. I wanted as close to a stock sound as possible and found the 4" with muffler to be just that. Great power, gear selection and driveability.

2015 Lone Star 3500 Dually 4x4 , Levelling kit . Amp steps , ranch hand bumpers and headache rack , air bags , XD rims, B&W gooseneck , LED spots , 100 gallon fuel tank , MM3 with Warp from Double R Diesel , SS 4" exhaust with muffler.

6. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    I will always promote a product/service that works for me, having said that, Ray from @Double R Diesel has blown away the norm with his outstanding service before and now after purchasing the mm3 ,EGR and 4" with muffler from him. I am extremely happy with the package and Ray has answered all calls and email sent and is just hands down a great guy to talk to. I wanted as close to a stock sound as possible and found the 4" with muffler to be just that. Great power, gear selection and driveability.
    Ray from Double R Diesel is the best in the buisness when it comes to tuning and deleting these new 6.7 Cummins motors

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    I just ordered the same from ray and I'm curious as to how the 4" with muffler is going to sound... I'm sure it sounds better than stock hopefully.

2104 2500
    2" BDS Leveling kit
    Awaiting arrival- 18" method standards on 35's,
    4" FloPro Exhaust, RaceMe MM3 with custom tunes from Ray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Sounds great!

🏁Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!🏁

"The grass is greener where you water it"

12. Likes GrizzlyGroup liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

For what it is worth, I had the identical questions. I'm in Alberta with a 2016 Ram that I tow with all summer (Outback 323BH trailer). I am installing Ray at Double R's Raceme MM3 warp tuned, 4" Flo Pro downpipe back exhaust with muffler and EGR/Cooler delete. Happy to let you know how it all goes once installed. I only have 10k miles as well.

I would add that one of the primary reasons I went with both the Raceme MM3 and Ray was the feedback and dialogue on this forum. Ray has been terrific to deal with so far (granted I haven't had to bug him about install questions yet) and there are so many members that are more than happy to assist others on this forum. The support is second to none.

2016 2500 4x4 Crew Cab Short Box, 4" Flo Pro exhaust, Warped MM3 by Double R, S&B Intake, 68RFE, 20x10 Fuel Beast, 35x12.50 AMP Terrain Gripper

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, r and e truck sales thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

From outside, it sounds throatier. Inside it is real quite and pretty close to stock.

2015 Lone Star 3500 Dually 4x4 , Levelling kit . Amp steps , ranch hand bumpers and headache rack , air bags , XD rims, B&W gooseneck , LED spots , 100 gallon fuel tank , MM3 with Warp from Double R Diesel , SS 4" exhaust with muffler.

16. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Ryan305 View Post
    I just ordered the same from ray and I'm curious as to how the 4" with muffler is going to sound... I'm sure it sounds better than stock hopefully.

2104 2500
    2" BDS Leveling kit
    Awaiting arrival- 18" method standards on 35's,
    4" FloPro Exhaust, RaceMe MM3 with custom tunes from Ray

Don't know how the 4" Flo Pro with muffler will sound but I can tell you how the 5" Flo Pro TBE straight pipe sounds incredible ��������
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't know how the 4" Flo Pro with muffler will sound but I can tell you how the 5" Flo Pro TBE straight pipe sounds incredibly awesome ��������������

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

18. Likes 4kids2dogs&RV liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast