Thanks Thanks:  1,458
Likes Likes:  2,874
Page 71 of 253 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast

Thread: RaceME Ultra Update and Upcoming RaceME Custom Tuning

1. Top Of Page | #701

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Donnieram2012 View Post
    I never got my first question answered, does the EGT probe need separate power besides the race altra hook up?
    No separate power needed. Just hook up the sensor to the exhaust and connect the two wires to the module. Then route the module wire through the firewall and connect to the under dash processing unit that is part of the Ultra setup.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

2. Likes TH-64, oneshotkyle liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #702

User Info Menu

No.......

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #703

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by E.mccarthy7018 View Post
    Sorry fo the off topic question, who are yall using to get the resonator from. I need some peace in my cab and i didnt see any on Rays site! Let me know if i missed it Ray if not what brand and company yall using? (Currently 4" delete pipes)
    Im running the FTE resonator. 5in stainless 30in long right after the down pipe

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, E.mccarthy7018 thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #704

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    It is with the older software updates. The latest 12-4 dated update is quieter. The added injection pressure and timing makes the combustion event louder than factory stock, but increases power and efficiency. If you are not running the latest update, give that a try.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    Im running the 12/4 update. The rattle is loud almost like when you unplug the FCA. Was worse when i drove home from work today rattled hard through every gear taking off from a light (its a manual) no matter what settings all the same. So i pulled over and put in the stock power tune with deletes. Was a little better but still rattled like crazy. Rail pressure is normal when its doing it. Not sure what the VGT should be reading. Egts not high and boost is normal. Any ideas? Will plugging the actuator back in that some have had to do effect anything?Thanks in advance

8. Top Of Page | #705

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jfarrar30 View Post
    Im running the 12/4 update. The rattle is loud almost like when you unplug the FCA. Was worse when i drove home from work today rattled hard through every gear taking off from a light (its a manual) no matter what settings all the same. So i pulled over and put in the stock power tune with deletes. Was a little better but still rattled like crazy. Rail pressure is normal when its doing it. Not sure what the VGT should be reading. Egts not high and boost is normal. Any ideas? Will plugging the actuator back in that some have had to do effect anything?Thanks in advance
    Hard for me to say if its normal or not. Most likely it is. Deleted trucks with performance tuning are louder than stock. The trucks I've heard run with the Ultra never rattle excessively.

Having said that, monitor your injection timing and actual rail pressure. Tell me what you see at idle, at cruise, during average acceleration going through the gears... and tell me all this in relation to engine rpm. Knowing this will tell me if it is spot on.

BTW, plugging the servo motor for the EGR back in shouldn't effect rattle.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

9. Thanks jfarrar30 thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #706

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    Hard for me to say if its normal or not. Most likely it is. Deleted trucks with performance tuning are louder than stock. The trucks I've heard run with the Ultra never rattle excessively.

Having said that, monitor your injection timing and actual rail pressure. Tell me what you see at idle, at cruise, during average acceleration going through the gears... and tell me all this in relation to engine rpm. Knowing this will tell me if it is spot on.

BTW, plugging the servo motor for the EGR back in shouldn't effect rattle.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    Will do buddy. I wish we had logging capability. I notived my VGT % is at 80 at an idle and thought i read somewhere it should be 45 does that sound right? Just an observation but I will monitor that stuff tomorrow and let you know. Cant wait for you to be able to write me a custom tune! Thanks for your help Ray!

11. Likes DRD liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #707

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jfarrar30 View Post
    Will do buddy. I wish we had logging capability. I notived my VGT % is at 80 at an idle and thought i read somewhere it should be 45 does that sound right? Just an observation but I will monitor that stuff tomorrow and let you know. Cant wait for you to be able to write me a custom tune! Thanks for your help Ray!
    80% closed at idle for the VGT is normal.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

13. Thanks jfarrar30, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #708

User Info Menu

I personally like to hear the rattle, it's what diesels are supposed to do. To many people want them quiet for there wife's to drive these days. LOL.

2015 laramie 3500 CCLB G56 4x4/Thuren springs/trackbar/swaybar with King's on Walker's with 37 Toyo mt's. Raceme/Arp625's/BBI 1.5's/Stainless Diesel 467.7/Airdog 165 4g/Fleece 10mm CP3/GDP grid delete and S3/Hellman VC.....Warp by double r diesel

15. Likes DRD, beans20, E.mccarthy7018 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #709

User Info Menu

I enjoy the clatter and shake too! Can't wait to add that timing back in!

Sent from my Samsung Note 4

17. Likes DRD, oneshotkyle liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #710

User Info Menu

Same here boys. I come along old school. Diesels rattled, growled, howled in my early days. I can remember when you actually had to warm them up. LOL. I've give a many big block diesels a snort of starting fluid to wake em up in the mornings over the years. I guess most folks are glad those days are over.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

19. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 71 of 253 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast