Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RaceME and towing

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

RaceME and towing

I used to be the biggest cummins fan ever ive owned a 98,02,07 5.9s then a 12 and once the SCR BS came out and unlocks never again, i swithced to PSD's lemme tell ya those truck will make an OCD auto tech such as myself crazy but they are good trucks, annnnnd then RaceME came out and SCR on the most beautiful 6 CYL engine ever doesnt matter any more So 2 days ago i went to the dealer and got me another Dodge i got a 15 CCSB 2500 Laramie with the auto level thing in the back that may be a mistake but we will see, anyways after i got home i ordered a RaceMe Ultra and all the supporting mods.

My thing is towing, i dont race , i dont care about going fast , i just want the truck to sound good and most of all tow good , i tow my 42ft 17k toy hauler twice a month and Northern Cali is very hilly, i know the cummins can handle in in the 2500 GVWR i just want the engine to be happy, what Injector duration has been the most efficient / safe for towing ? What are safe EGT and Boost #s ? In my H&S 12 running Dave Matthews it was keep er under 38psi and 1350 EGT does the same apply these days ?

Last but not least ive read it a couple times maybe someone can clear this up for me , what is the deal with the only being able to drive 500 miles at a time ?? Is there a way around this ? Sorry my first post is so long winding ive been researching too much

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

@Double R Diesel LLC?

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Nobody tows with their cummins trucks anymore ??

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I tow with mine, although not often enough due to my work schedule lately. Mines a '12 but I would expect the same 'safe' limits apply as all the important parts haven't changed much in the transition between '10-12 and '13+.

I did not understand the 500 mile limit part of your question...

Greg
    2012 CCSB CTD 2500 | XRT PRO w/MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

i used to be an H&S user as well i had an XRT and i was running Dave Matthews 12v because i liked the way the engine sound with a little of the post injection taken away. But with the XRT you flash it and forget it , Someone on the cummins forum when i was research RaceME said something about having to cycle the key before you hit 500 miles because of something like the computer catches on that it is being fooled or something like that , i may have been an early on issue thats been resolved but i was hoping some one with alot of experience with RaceME ( like a vendor or Franz himself ) would chime in

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

@Franz?

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tech$12 View Post
    i used to be an H&S user as well i had an XRT and i was running Dave Matthews 12v because i liked the way the engine sound with a little of the post injection taken away. But with the XRT you flash it and forget it , Someone on the cummins forum when i was research RaceME said something about having to cycle the key before you hit 500 miles because of something like the computer catches on that it is being fooled or something like that , i may have been an early on issue thats been resolved but i was hoping some one with alot of experience with RaceME ( like a vendor or Franz himself ) would chime in
    I ran a RaceME on my '12 for abut a year before switching to H&S to get custom Tuning from Ray @Double R Diesel LLC. I never had an issue with my truck losing its tune. I can't imagine the new one acting any different. Also anxious to see what @Franz has to say.

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

10. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes DRD liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I used to be the biggest cummins fan ever ive owned a 98,02,07 5.9s then a 12 and once the SCR BS came out and unlocks never again, i swithced to PSD's lemme tell ya those truck will make an OCD auto tech such as myself crazy but they are good trucks, annnnnd then RaceME came out and SCR on the most beautiful 6 CYL engine ever doesnt matter any more So 2 days ago i went to the dealer and got me another Dodge i got a 15 CCSB 2500 Laramie with the auto level thing in the back that may be a mistake but we will see, anyways after i got home i ordered a RaceMe Ultra and all the supporting mods.

My thing is towing, i dont race , i dont care about going fast , i just want the truck to sound good and most of all tow good , i tow my 42ft 17k toy hauler twice a month and Northern Cali is very hilly, i know the cummins can handle in in the 2500 GVWR i just want the engine to be happy, what Injector duration has been the most efficient / safe for towing ? What are safe EGT and Boost #s ? In my H&S 12 running Dave Matthews it was keep er under 38psi and 1350 EGT does the same apply these days ?

Last but not least ive read it a couple times maybe someone can clear this up for me , what is the deal with the only being able to drive 500 miles at a time ?? Is there a way around this ? Sorry my first post is so long winding ive been researching too much
    Towing and everyday driving. I set it to the 30 HP duration, 23 degrees max timing, and 1850 max rail pressure. I'd set the turbo on mild spool and see how you like that. You won't see anything over 36 psi with the RaceME box tuning. More than likely it won't go over 32 psi with the 30 HP setting even with the quick spool setting.

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com
    email: info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I'm not aware of any issues like you mention. I can tell you with any tuning device, once you flash a tune into the PCM, its there to stay until you reprogram it with another flash.

BTW, once we get our hands on the coming custom tuning software... a 12V tune should be possible with the Ultra.😉

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel LLC View Post
    I'm not aware of any issues like you mention. I can tell you with any tuning device, once you flash a tune into the PCM, its there to stay until you reprogram it with another flash.

BTW, once we get our hands on the coming custom tuning software... a 12V tune should be possible with the Ultra.

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com

Thank you very much for the reply I should be doing the weight loss program with my truck on thursday so i will def try that the truck only has 500 miles on it rite now so i was going to start off conservative anyways . While i got ya on the horn , are there any intakes for the 15 with that active air thing that are worth the 3-4 hundred ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast