Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm a traitor...

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Congrats on the new truck. I have never driven one of the SDs so I can't really comment but the ones we had at work before they switched to Chevy gassers were pretty decent trucks. Of course all I had to was drive them... I never put much thought into what they had to keep them running...

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thank you! So far she seems to be a decent truck. The ride down these rig/lease roads is leaps and bounds over dodge... I miss the in your face power that came with the cummins tho

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

We've got a 2011 6.7 Ford in the family logging business. It rides better than my 2012. It's quiet and fuel efficient...but it doesn't have the punch the Cummins has. She'll be good till about 100K and then DPF will give up. The only trouble we had with ours was a random exhaust sensor every now and again, which will cause it not to run...and the plugged DPF at 100K.

Good luck buddy with yours!

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

4. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel LLC View Post
    We've got a 2011 6.7 Ford in the family logging business. It rides better than my 2012. It's quiet and fuel efficient...but it doesn't have the punch the Cummins has. She'll be good till about 100K and then DPF will give up. The only trouble we had with ours was a random exhaust sensor every now and again, which will cause it not to run...and the plugged DPF at 100K.

Good luck buddy with yours!
    And that's why I added the extra warranty! So long as I don't have to pay to fix it let it go bad, LOL. I need to call previous owner and see what all problems he had and what's already been replaced

6. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

100,001, trade it in for another Cummins.

I won't bust you any more Drew. I couldn't resist that. Set yourself up. LOL

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Top Of Page | #16
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

There's a shop not far from my trailer that specializes in putting cummins motors in things that didn't come with them. If the rest of the truck holds up pretty good I might just have a cummins built and dropped in

8. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

do it yourself. cheaper and you learn more.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12