Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  5
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Waste Gate....good, bad, waste of money?

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by turboguy327 View Post
    You talk to Ray @ Double R Diesel.
    @Double R Diesel LLC

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ywgbandit View Post
    So can someone answer the questions,.... How and where can you get a stock VGT remapped? Is it readily available or proprietary mapping. How is it installed?
    Right now for me do any turbo remapping, you would need to have an H&S tuner ( xrt pro, mini maxx, or black maxx) installed on your truck. At that point I could offer some custom tuning through the H&S Performance custom tuning platform called Maxx Calibration Control ( MCC). Later this year I will able to offer the same options, and more, though the EFI Live custom tuning platform with either a V2 or Autocal tuner.

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

3. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

I installed the Glacier Diesel Street Gate a couple of days ago. (Thanks Rick for your help, comments & observations.) The product works. I have mine set to run a maximum boost of 30 psi. I also have the A-1 H11 head studs and a fully deleted engine and the basic RaceMe tuner on the TOW setting. The waste gate doesn't open during normal driving, but going up a 14% grade or getting on it hard and you can hear it open up and vent the excess drive pressure. My truck is also noticeably quicker when accelerating. This is probably due to reduced parasitic pressures and the engine breathing better. This makes me wonder what was happening to that excess pressure without the waste gate? Yes it's a bandaid, but it works as advertised and does relieve excess drive pressure. I'm satisfied with my purchase. I feel have added some insurance for my head gasket and engine life......time will tell!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234