Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Popping noise

1. Top Of Page | #1

Popping noise

I have a 2011 ram 2500 4x4 and sometimes when I turn my wheel I can feel something popping. I can feel it more than I hear it and it feels like it’s under the floor board on the drivers side. I’m thinking it may be the sway bar end link because they’re stock with a 3.5in level in the front. But I’m looking for other thoughts. Thanks!

2. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Popping noise

Quote Originally Posted by clove92 View Post
    I have a 2011 ram 2500 4x4 and sometimes when I turn my wheel I can feel something popping. I can feel it more than I hear it and it feels like it’s under the floor board on the drivers side. I’m thinking it may be the sway bar end link because they’re stock with a 3.5in level in the front. But I’m looking for other thoughts. Thanks!
    You're probably right or at least on the right track. Your sway bar is more than likely in a bind, with the stock length end links. I believe any lift more than 2" they are to be replaced to keep the bar level, but I would need to do a little more research. Hope this helps.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

4. Likes david3gen, watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Popping noise

Quote Originally Posted by clove92 View Post
    It can definitely be a few different things. Track bar, rubber isolators being damaged, u-joints, it's definitely going to be in the front end so see if you can get someone to drive it while you look.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Likes watersupply189, Power247, walla2k5 liked this post