Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: can’t decide on tires

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

can’t decide on tires

So I’ve been looking at some 17x9s for my ‘97 Ram 2500, and I’m having a hard time trying to find out what the most offset/backspacing I can run at stock height. I checked out the galleries on Custom Offsets (was very helpful) and someone on there was running a -6 offset at stock height, but I think the tires I want to run are 305/65s (because I want a wider tire) so does anyone have any idea what kind of offset/backspacing I should get with my rims for that tire?

I also might throw a leveling kit on my truck anyways and go with a -12 offset, I think it would look good but I haven’t really decided yet. I’m not sure how a leveling kit will make my truck ride/tow and I’m under the impression I will need to buy longer control arms and possibly different shocks if I go that route so it might be a little more pricey to do.

So if anyone has some advice, guidance, or answers to my offset question with 305/65s I would really appreciate it. Also, if anyone wants to tell me what they run on their 2nd gen and share a picture so I can get an idea of what it would look like on my truck I’d appreciate that as well. Thank you!

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: can’t decide on tires

I tried posting a picture of my truck from my phone but it keeps telling me I’ve exceeded my limit? If someone wants to help me with that too that would be cool. Thanks.

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

@Custom Offsets can help for sure.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

5. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I looked on the gallary of Custom Offsets

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mattynite View Post
    I tried posting a picture of my truck from my phone but it keeps telling me I’ve exceeded my limit? If someone wants to help me with that too that would be cool. Thanks.
    We see your membership expired. Free members can post pictures but there is a limit.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mattynite View Post
    So I’ve been looking at some 17x9s for my ‘97 Ram 2500, and I’m having a hard time trying to find out what the most offset/backspacing I can run at stock height. I checked out the galleries on Custom Offsets (was very helpful) and someone on there was running a -6 offset at stock height, but I think the tires I want to run are 305/65s (because I want a wider tire) so does anyone have any idea what kind of offset/backspacing I should get with my rims for that tire?

I also might throw a leveling kit on my truck anyways and go with a -12 offset, I think it would look good but I haven’t really decided yet. I’m not sure how a leveling kit will make my truck ride/tow and I’m under the impression I will need to buy longer control arms and possibly different shocks if I go that route so it might be a little more pricey to do.

So if anyone has some advice, guidance, or answers to my offset question with 305/65s I would really appreciate it. Also, if anyone wants to tell me what they run on their 2nd gen and share a picture so I can get an idea of what it would look like on my truck I’d appreciate that as well. Thank you!
    Shoot our team an email to info@customoffsets.com and we can get you a TON of information on suspension stuff, for leveling kits, if additional items are recommended for the leveling kit. As for ride quality, its usually the same or very similar!

Make sure to like us on Facebook!
    Want a good daily dose of custom trucks? Check our Instagram!
    We sell wheels& tires, lift kits, custom lighting, grills, light bars and more! Right Here!

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks! Yeah I sent an email.