Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Has anybody sold their old emissions equipment before?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Has anybody sold their old emissions equipment before?

I deleted my 2013 Cummins. I'm never going to put that stuff back on, I plan on keeping the truck. I"m from east Texas. Anybody have a suggestion, wondering how much I could get?

2013 Cummins, 4inch down pipe back flo-pro exhaust. tuned by Double R Diesel, 2.5 inch spacer in front, 20x9.5 KMC Spies, Nitto Trial Grappler
    35x12.5

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Has anybody sold their old emissions equipment before?

Just food for thought. Everytime I said I'd never do it, later in life, I ended up doing it.

If you get rid of it now .. what if you sell, trade or whatever .. will the dealership want it ? A new buyer not in your area want it ? Just something to think of. It's a pain in the a$$ to store, but it helped me in the past from the unknown.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Your best bet is to bump into someone that had the same thoughts that you are now and is now looking to return thier truck to stock so they can sell or trade it in. See the pattern . Don't expect to get much out of it when sell though. Anyone buying knows that you are selling because it is in your way.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

5. Thanks AnOldBiker thanked for this post
    Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

ok, thanks guys.

2013 Cummins, 4inch down pipe back flo-pro exhaust. tuned by Double R Diesel, 2.5 inch spacer in front, 20x9.5 KMC Spies, Nitto Trial Grappler
    35x12.5

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Has anybody sold their old emissions equipment before?

I bought my 12 brand spanking new and had kept all my delete filters and down pipe until recently when I traded her in for the 14. I was really surprised that the dealership took in my 12 without NO questions asked as to if I still had the deletes or not. About 2 weeks ago I finally sold them ( all 3 pieces ) for $400. At 1st he offered me $350 until I showed pics of all 3 pieces and the 2 filters with the "stamped code" then he offered the $400. The prices of the filters go up and down daily or weekly due to platinum pricing. You can google "deleted filter pricing" and find your stamped code and get a rough estimate on how much they are worth. Or just even google the "stamped code" and go from there. I am so glad I never got rid of them. The guy I went through I found on Craigslist when I was looking for "diesel parts". He is licensed to buy and very legit. He explained the whole process to me. Kinda interesting really ;-) If you seriously think YOU won't get rid of your truck then I would definitely go through with it. Easy $$ good luck on your decision ! And btw, each filter will have a different stamped code on it and depending on what the code is will make a difference in pricing.

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    2014 Cummins Mega 4X4

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

8. Thanks Jaxonsram, Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes Jaxonsram, Power247 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

My year seems to not be worth much on the scrap side of things

https://DPFrecycler.com/dodge-cummin...ycling-prices/

- 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9l (Sold)
    - 2003 Dodge Ram 5.9 Cummins 75k miles (R.I.P gone but not forgotten)
    - 2014 Ram 2500 Tradesman 95k miles work truck about to be deleted for the first time
    https://www.instagram.com/mikemackyo/

10. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmack View Post
    My year seems to not be worth much on the scrap side of things

https://DPFrecycler.com/dodge-cummin...ycling-prices/
    The pricing changes daily or weekly, plus if you can find a buyer that is local in your area he might offer you a lil more possibly. Good luck

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    2014 Cummins Mega 4X4

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

12. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

It's a lot cheaper to keep the one you have and not need it than it is to buy the one that someone else has when you really need it.

13. Likes Power247, cumminsbadgirl liked this post