Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Tire recommendations needed!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Tire recommendations needed!

Been thinking about Cooper Discovered ST Maxx on my 2007 6.7L. What's anyone's thought between 265/70-17 and 285/70-17? Any mpg difference. Also thinking about BFG KO2. Would love to hear from anyone with experience with both brands. Also will be towing a 27 foot TT as well. So I would like that cool aggressive look as well as a tire that wears well. Thanks for the advice in advance!!!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Tire recommendations needed!

I just picked up a set of Open Country AT2 Extremes for mine. I'll let you know how it goes when they go on next week, but they have an outstanding tread life warranty. @CustomOffsets can also give you some recommendations.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I have been running 295/70r17 st maxx for about a year and a half. I had 315 bfg at's before that. The bfg was good on the road but hated them off. I am very impressed with the maxx tire But I don't put a ton of miles on the truck so can't speak longevity. They have been great on and off-road and towing. My votes the cooper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes Power247 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sunflake View Post
    Been thinking about Cooper Discovered ST Maxx on my 2007 6.7L. What's anyone's thought between 265/70-17 and 285/70-17? Any mpg difference. Also thinking about BFG KO2. Would love to hear from anyone with experience with both brands. Also will be towing a 27 foot TT as well. So I would like that cool aggressive look as well as a tire that wears well. Thanks for the advice in advance!!!
    They are a damn good tire from all the reviews! mileage will vary between the 265/285 width difference. But they do pretty good on road/offroad from everything I've heard!

Make sure to like us on Facebook!
    Want a good daily dose of custom trucks? Check our Instagram!
    We sell wheels& tires, lift kits, custom lighting, grills, light bars and more! Right Here!

6. Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    I just picked up a set of Open Country AT2 Extremes for mine. I'll let you know how it goes when they go on next week, but they have an outstanding tread life warranty. @CustomOffsets can also give you some recommendations.

How are those Toyos wearing? I've been thinking about them myself.

Sent from my couch using Tapatalk

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dodgedieselskog View Post
    How are those Toyos wearing? I've been thinking about them myself.

So far so good. I haven't even crossed 1000 miles on them though. Granted I will say I should have opted for balance beads over static weights. I have a bit of a shake over 65 from the rear end.

But they are significantly quieter than the MTs, and my fuel economy has actually improved, granted I think that can be attributed to a fairly reasonable decrease in weight with the new setup.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I have a set of 295 on my 07. I've only had the truck for little over a month but I like them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

10. Likes dodgedieselskog liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I'm new to the diesel world. They are a pretty quiet tire,the s/t Maxx that is

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Well I scored a free set of Laramie Longhorn 20x8s w/ TPMS Sensors for $free.99! I have about 15000 left on this set tops, then I'm looking into those, the atturo XT 275 65 20s or some falkens. All seem to be receiving good reviews

13. Likes Stacey Shell liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Free is good especially truck stuff

15. Likes dodgedieselskog liked this post