Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  46
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deleting EGR and throttle body, installing race plug!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Deleting EGR and throttle body, installing race plug!

I've decided to go all out cost effective . Any imput would be appreciated as this is my first time doing this. This is what I've done already:

Raceme Ultra with Warp Tuning
    5" TBE
    S&B Cold Air Intake
    AFE Blade Runner
    FASS fuel system 150 gph

I was considering the following because it's the cheapest mods left to do without going too crazy.

Sinister Diesel EGR delete
    Sinister Diesel throttle body delete
    Race plug in fuel rail
    Removing turbo silencer
    (Possibly 50 HP nozzles one day)

Is this as good as my buddy suggests? The cost is $460 and will be done by ourselves. Anyone done this? What were the results? Will this be okay with existing Warp Tuning? @Double R Diesel
    Thanks, I appreciate any and all feedback!

Raceme Ultra w/ Warp Tuning and 5" TBE W/ 7" Tip
    FASS 150 gph AFE Stage 2 CAI
    Pusher 3.5" Blade Runner and Intercooler Kit
    Stage 2 GDS 73/14 Turbo with a BD Manifold
    Flo Pro EGR Delete ARP 425 studs
    6" BDS 4 Link Long Arm Suspension
    37x13.50R20 w/ 20x10 Fuel Striker Rims

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Deleting EGR and throttle body, installing race plug!

Well, it seems nobody and I mean nobody has any advice except for my good buddy Ray with Double R Diesel through text messaging.

I finally took the dive off the deep end. Trust me, my wife might check me into rehab for my adiction to this!

This is what I decide on:

Pusher 3.5" Mega Intake Kit with larger intercooler tubes in Pusher Green. This kit eliminates the throttle valve too!

Sinister Diesel Fuel Rail Race Plug
    Sinister Diesel EGR Delete Kit
    AFE Momentum Stage 2 Air Intake
    Industrial Injection Silver Bullet S64 with manifold kit
    Fluidampr on motor
    Easy change oil change plug
    New upgraded Warp Tuning

From what I hear my teucknwill

All in all I believe that with what I got, I have a 650+ HP truck.
    The turbo kit costs me $2,550. All in all everything will cost me $

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

You can't go wrong with Ray's advice, as that's what I have done. I personally am not an expert on this stuff, that's why I seek and not give advice. That being said good luck on your build and please let us know about your progress. I have just installed 464 turbo and am working with Ray to adjust the fueling in warp to get it to spool faster. Once it lights "git out the way!"

2014 Ram Laramie 3500 CCSB 6.7 Cummins. 3.42 gears. EGR Delete. Flo~Pro 5 inch TBE. ARP 625's. GDP grid delete and S2. 464 BMP Turbo on 2nd Gen Manifold. BD Exhaust Brake. Fass 150G Fuel System. BBI 1.5's. Exergy 10mm Stroker Pump. RevMax 68RFE 700 Series. Dual remote oil filters. Thuren coils. Carli progressive leafs with Thuren Kings 2.5. AMP Steps. Snow Performance Water/Meth Stage 2. BDS Recoil Traction Bars.
    Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35's on 20 x 10 Fuel Vapors.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes TX NIGHT TRAIN, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

@Fulldrawassassin by the way you're gonna love the sound!

2014 Ram Laramie 3500 CCSB 6.7 Cummins. 3.42 gears. EGR Delete. Flo~Pro 5 inch TBE. ARP 625's. GDP grid delete and S2. 464 BMP Turbo on 2nd Gen Manifold. BD Exhaust Brake. Fass 150G Fuel System. BBI 1.5's. Exergy 10mm Stroker Pump. RevMax 68RFE 700 Series. Dual remote oil filters. Thuren coils. Carli progressive leafs with Thuren Kings 2.5. AMP Steps. Snow Performance Water/Meth Stage 2. BDS Recoil Traction Bars.
    Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35's on 20 x 10 Fuel Vapors.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes TX NIGHT TRAIN, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DanO View Post
    @Fulldrawassassin by the way you're gonna love the sound!
    Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. I don't care if it's expert advice or just someone's opinion. Based on fact or logic! I'm totally addicted to this truck and it's fun to share with this community what we have going on. I will definitely update with pictures and seat of the pants results. I'm going to get the valve cover and cold air Intake hydro tipped lime green with smoked skulls too. Hopefully my engine looks as good as it will run.

Ray has been nothing short of amazing. He really cares about this forum and his customers. The 12V with Loud Turbo is sweet for the VGT. I'm getting my mods done on the 7th and should be ready for pics by the 15th.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Gonna be nice!! Can't wait to see it finished.

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Power247;64368]Gonna be nice!! Can't wait to see it finished.

I didn't know about finished? I'm still modding 6 years after buying my truck LOL. I almost got it where I like it

14. Likes Power247 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fulldrawassassin View Post
    Well, it seems nobody and I mean nobody has any advice except for my good buddy Ray with Double R Diesel through text messaging.

I finally took the dive off the deep end. Trust me, my wife might check me into rehab for my adiction to this!

This is what I decide on:

Pusher 3.5" Mega Intake Kit with larger intercooler tubes in Pusher Green. This kit eliminates the throttle valve too!

Sinister Diesel Fuel Rail Race Plug
    Sinister Diesel EGR Delete Kit
    AFE Momentum Stage 2 Air Intake
    Industrial Injection Silver Bullet S64 with manifold kit
    Fluidampr on motor
    Easy change oil change plug
    New upgraded Warp Tuning

From what I hear my teucknwill

All in all I believe that with what I got, I have a 650+ HP truck.
    The turbo kit costs me $2,550. All in all everything will cost me $
    HP wise you're going to be more like 550-570rwhp max unless I'm missing where you've upgraded injectors. What all came with your turbo kit for $2,550? I only ask because there are deals out there to be had if you shop around. For $2500 you could have done a complete 2nd gen swap and went with a s400 based charger.
    One last thing, better start saving for a transmission build soon, hate to be the one to rain on your parade but stock transmissions aren't going to last long at anything more than stock HP.

16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Purn1973 View Post
    HP wise you're going to be more like 550-570rwhp max unless I'm missing where you've upgraded injectors. What all came with your turbo kit for $2,550? I only ask because there are deals out there to be had if you shop around. For $2500 you could have done a complete 2nd gen swap and went with a s400 based charger.
    One last thing, better start saving for a transmission build soon, hate to be the one to rain on your parade but stock transmissions aren't going to last long at anything more than stock HP.
    I don't have injectors. I was just going off what Ray at Double R Diesel and Tyler at Industrial Injection said as far as HP output. They don't make a 2nd Gen swap for a 2015 yet. There are some changes and it will be available down the road, thus is why I went this route under the advice of Industrial Injection. I do have a stock transmission BUT it's not a 68RFE either. It's the Aisin and it's a strong transmission. I've had it deleted for over 40,000 miles and running the highest setting RaceMe and Ray can give me. The other thing that should be noted, I don't drive like I stole it with the cops chasing me. I'm not rough on my truck. 99.67% of the time I never take off hard nor do I power brake my truck and I NEVER do 4x4 boost launches. I don't want to get into an Aisin debate as there is threads already about that. I do however assume the risk that I may test the limits of my transmission but I can't wait to prove to everyone that the Aisin can handle power as long as you aren't stuck on stupid!

17. Likes DanO liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I've always said, what good is horsepower if you're scared to use it? I wish you the best of luck, be sure to post up some dyno numbers or track times when you get everything done.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast