Thanks Thanks:  1,458
Likes Likes:  2,874
Page 97 of 253 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast

Thread: RaceME Ultra Update and Upcoming RaceME Custom Tuning

1. Top Of Page | #961

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Oh yea i only did it because i wamted to test the fueling. I was getting rail spikes north of 22k ar idle on the 60hp if i got in the gas and let out quickly. Wanted to see if it would happen on the 150hp tune and it didnt. Barked the tires and rolled coal.

But yea. Im definitely not trying to blow my Jenner anytime soon LOL

Sent from my plastic box that I poke with my thumbs
    I could maintain 28k rail pressures before I installed injectors, now I'm lucky to hit 20k. LOL. That spike when backing out of throttle is not much concern as it takes a glitch of a second to open FCA and dump fuel pressure. I tend to like the higher power levels, for me power is smoother and it just has a better feel. You could run those if you have a trained right foot but get outta hand it could cost you some serious ching. For me it only cost 1500.00 for a double disc so I can be a little rougher.

2015 laramie 3500 CCLB G56 4x4/Thuren springs/trackbar/swaybar with King's on Walker's with 37 Toyo mt's. Raceme/Arp625's/BBI 1.5's/Stainless Diesel 467.7/Airdog 165 4g/Fleece 10mm CP3/GDP grid delete and S3/Hellman VC.....Warp by double r diesel

2. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt, RATLIN'HP liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #962

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oneshotkyle View Post
    I could maintain 28k rail pressures before I installed injectors, now I'm lucky to hit 20k. LOL. That spike when backing out of throttle is not much concern as it takes a glitch of a second to open FCA and dump fuel pressure.
    Ok that was my main focus is whether or not that was something to be concerned with. The motor sounds terrible at 22k RP at idle thats why i was like um, should i be worried

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

4. Top Of Page | #963

User Info Menu

Ok that was my main focus is whether or not that was something to be concerned with. The motor sounds terrible at 22k RP at idle thats why i was like um, should i be worried

22k at idle? @Double R Diesel may need to hear this

2015 laramie 3500 CCLB G56 4x4/Thuren springs/trackbar/swaybar with King's on Walker's with 37 Toyo mt's. Raceme/Arp625's/BBI 1.5's/Stainless Diesel 467.7/Airdog 165 4g/Fleece 10mm CP3/GDP grid delete and S3/Hellman VC.....Warp by double r diesel

5. Top Of Page | #964

User Info Menu

Typo?

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

6. Top Of Page | #965

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Typo?
    Not a typo. If i spooled up and let out of the gas right away. I.e. i was getting moving and then had to quickly slow down because of traffic the rail pressure spiked. So it was at 22k at idle. Motor sounded terrible, but shortly after the pressure went back to normal

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

7. Top Of Page | #966

User Info Menu

Oh. I think we thought you meant you turn the key and it idles at 22 LOL. Nevermind

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

8. Thanks oneshotkyle thanked for this post
    Likes oneshotkyle liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #967

User Info Menu

Ok so 150, 1850, 23* turns this truck into a prius repeller. I mashed the gas and threw the biggest cloud of black smoke ive ever seen hahaha. I might need to consider backing it down to 120hp.

Ray can you provide some feedback? @Double R Diesel

I think alot of the complaints come from the box timing maps RaceME uses. I saw on my 2012 instances in which you would be running main injection in negative or retarded range under light load and then it would quickly ramp up to high positive or advanced numbers with load/throttle input. This sudden change in timing combined with the right pulse width and rise in rail pressure produces a distinct change in engine sound. It was noticeable to me but never did I hear, see, or feel the engine go into a situation that was detrimental. Also, I think the raw exhaust smell comes from the low timing, at low engine loads, which produces less efficient combustion.

As some of you have found the higher HP tunes quiet the engine. This everything to do with pulse width of the main injection event. The higher HP tunes yield a longer duration or injection pulse width at max fuel command. Longer durations keep fuel burn going on longer during a combustion event. When you have a short pulse of fuel far in advance to TDC, you get a quick and noisy combustion event that keeps most of the thermal energy on top of the piston. This is a quick, explosive, clean burn. Timed right, this produces maximum engine efficiency and low smoke.
    Just the opposite, with a longer duration combustion event the fuel burn is slower, dirtier, and less noisy when compared to a short duration event with the same timing. This makes the engine sound smoother, but it generally produces more smoke, higher EGTs, and less efficient...so you guys will get a quieter but more smokey engine with the higher HP tunes with a lower timing selection.

Keep in mind when myself and others make the timing and duration recommendations, we are making these based on the assumption you will go wide open throttle. RaceME selections on your Ultra are maximum figures. So for example is timing selections. 23* means that at full load and max rpm your engine will see 23* of timing advance. 29* same deal...and so on. However these timing maps are probably very similar in the lower load/rpm ranges. So...you can very well run almost any timing map with any duration AS LONG you don't go full tilt with the throttle.

Bottom line, you'll need 29* of timing to keep the smoke and EGTs in check with the tunes north of the 120HP duration. However, you can very well run the 200HP duration with 23* to make engine quieter under load...but it will come with smoke when you mash on it.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

10. Top Of Page | #968

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Oh. I think we thought you meant you turn the key and it idles at 22 LOL. Nevermind
    hahaha no no no. Turn key idle is 4-5k. I went from load to no load and the pressure spiked.

So after trying @ranger1987's idea and smoking out the car behind me. I backed the tune down to 120, 1850, 23* and everything seems right as rain. The idle is MUCH smoother and quieter, drivability wise its noticeably better, and I'm not dumping prius repellent behind me. (All of these settings are on Eco spool too)

So tomorrow I'll probably reflash the ECU with those settings so I don't have to do it through OTF.

11. Thanks oneshotkyle thanked for this post
    Likes oneshotkyle liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #969

User Info Menu

Thanks doctor @Double R Diesel

13. Likes E.mccarthy7018 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #970

User Info Menu

hahaha no no no. Turn key idle is 4-5k. I went from load to no load and the pressure spiked.

So after trying @ranger1987's idea and smoking out the car behind me. I backed the tune down to 120, 1850, 23* and everything seems right as rain. The idle is MUCH smoother and quieter, drivability wise its noticeably better, and I'm not dumping prius repellent behind me. (All of these settings are on Eco spool too)

So tomorrow I'll probably reflash the ECU with those settings so I don't have to do it through OTF.
    Shouldn't have to reflash. That's the beauty of otf

15. Likes oneshotkyle liked this post
Page 97 of 253 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast