Likes Likes:  55
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New member

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: New member

Welcome @Jr28763

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

2. Likes Thomas1960, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jr28763 View Post
    Please explain why 10-12 trucks.
    For me when I was looking those years were non all the emission restrictions on them. The Regen system, that’s what I didn’t want . Cannot speak for others , but I’m betting that had a lot to do with it

4. Likes Thomas1960, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Likes dodgemark, watersupply189, david3gen liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Thank you.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Thanks.

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Thank you sir.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I didn't want to deal with frozen DEF.

I understood the trade-off with pre-DEF system and wanted to go that route.

Years later still happy with the decision. However, after seeing the new suspension set up.... 4 link rear I may have to investigate further.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie, 3" BDS Coil over, DuraFlap, 68RFE, 4.10, 35s, Front receiver, Krown protected

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jr28763 View Post
    Please explain why 10-12 trucks.
    The 10-12 trucks are “pre DPF” so easier to delete but they still made good power. Mid 2011 they upped the output to 350 HP 800 Ft Lbs. When I was looking for a “new” used truck a few years ago I had identified the 2012’s as what I wanted. That said, they use more EGR than the DPF trucks and the Regen process washes down the cylinder walls with diesel. So, if you end up with one I’d recommend DRD’s services.

2012 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins. RevMax built 68RFE "550" transmission w/ billet flexplate/low stall triple disc TC/direct oiling billet input shaft. 35"x12.50" Toyo Open Country AT2 tires on OEM 20" wheels, Thuren soft ride front springs, Thuren track bar, Thuren upper and lower control arms, Hellbent steering box brace, King 2.0 steering damper, Redhead steering box, Fox 2.0 shocks, Carli ball joints, Caterpillar fuel filter/Donaldson water separator, ARP 425 head studs, Viair onboard air compressor, airlift 5k# rear airbags, V4 LED headlights, Kenwood head unit

16. Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I was in the EXACT situation you are in now! Ha! I traded my 2005 on a 2015 3500 SRW and it pulls my 42’ 5th just fine. I have a KZ Venom Toyhauler with 3 axles so the trailer handles most of the weight. I did add air bags to help with the payload and keep the truck level but I only pull the trailer about once a month so I needed a daily driver I could park.
    I do have all the emissions junk on it so I’ve been researching the removal options but I just factored that into the cost of owning a big trailer.
    The 2015 is night and day difference when pulling the trailer. It just feels so much more solid with the newer frame.
    2010-12 would be nice as well, I’m sure. I just wanted something with less miles.

Also, if it’s a new trailer with the rounded front nose, you probably won’t need a slider hitch unless you get into some really tight spots. I can go almost 90deg with a short bed.

Good luck!! Have fun!

18. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Welcome!

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast