Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Ram 5500

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Ram 5500

Hello, I have a 2016 ram 5500 with 235000 miles on it. I recently had the truck deleted and put the RaceME Ultra Tuner in the truck only about 4,000 miles ago. Last week it developed a miss and had a little smoke from the exhaust.

After some research, I determined I had a bad injector. i went ahead and replaced all 6 due to the milage on the truck. After replacing and setting valve lash truck ran ok on the test drive it started acting up again. took it to the diesel shop and they did a cutout test and found that two of the injectors weren't working #2 was dumping fuel and #4 was not even working at all no response.

They are possibly thinking that when they wrote the tune they wrote it for a pickup and not a cab and chassis truck that I have.

Any thoughts on any possible directions to go would be great thanks.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Ram 5500

Quote Originally Posted by Damion143 View Post
    Hello, I have a 2016 ram 5500 with 235000 miles on it. I recently had the truck deleted and put the RaceME Ultra Tuner in the truck only about 4,000 miles ago. Last week it developed a miss and had a little smoke from the exhaust.

After some research, I determined I had a bad injector. i went ahead and replaced all 6 due to the milage on the truck. After replacing and setting valve lash truck ran ok on the test drive it started acting up again. took it to the diesel shop and they did a cutout test and found that two of the injectors weren't working #2 was dumping fuel and #4 was not even working at all no response.

They are possibly thinking that when they wrote the tune they wrote it for a pickup and not a cab and chassis truck that I have.

The box tuning on a Cab & Chassis makes them go crazy. You need to just run a delete tune as the Cab & Chassis is not like the consumer 6.7L Cummins.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Damion143 View Post

You need to get Warp tuning for your Ultra from Ray at DRD he’s the best tuning wizard in the buisness

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs