Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust brake

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Exhaust brake

Tooling around on the internet about the exhaust brake on the 4th gen trucks, which is what I have. And found that some are actually using the exhaust brake full time, even when not towing/hauling. They claimed it was better for the turbo in the long run as it made the vanes inside open up more to their full potential and helped keep soot from building up inside. They were told by their dealer to run it this way. I wasn't told this, so I am wondering if there is any truth to what they are saying?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

2015 CCSB 6.7 Bone stock from there. Wanting more when and if 💲 permits to do so.....

2. Thanks arnoldsq thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Exhaust brake

All true run it daily of course of course with caution on wet roads.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

4. Likes 48Panhead liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Yeah, I saw they warned to not use it on icy roads and such. Makes sense. Thank you for your reply @easymon

2015 CCSB 6.7 Bone stock from there. Wanting more when and if 💲 permits to do so.....

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I use mine everyday. I don't even realize hitting the button anymore. I have a G56 and barely ever have to use my brakes.

Jim
    2014 6.7l, G56, 37" tires, full deletes double r diesel mm3

7. Likes 48Panhead liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 48Panhead View Post
    Tooling around on the internet about the exhaust brake on the 4th gen trucks, which is what I have. And found that some are actually using the exhaust brake full time, even when not towing/hauling. They claimed it was better for the turbo in the long run as it made the vanes inside open up more to their full potential and helped keep soot from building up inside. They were told by their dealer to run it this way. I wasn't told this, so I am wondering if there is any truth to what they are saying?

Yes indeed I use my exhaust brake all the time

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

9. Likes 48Panhead liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by easymon View Post
    All true run it daily of course of course with caution on wet roads.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I saw they warned to not use it on icy roads and such. Makes sense. Thank you for your reply @easymon

Quote Originally Posted by Brotherdime View Post
    I use mine everyday. I don't even realize hitting the button anymore. I have a G56 and barely ever have to use my brakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Yes indeed I use my exhaust brake all the time
    Good Job Guys

They are 100% correct. Use it all the time. Sometimes it's a nuisance, you can disable it. Just remember to turn it back on. Use it especially in suburban and city driving. You generate more soot in stop and go.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

11. Likes 48Panhead liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Thanks guys! I am going to be using it all the time now! I appreciate the feedback! 👍

13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

mine is always on, and with the mm3 I don't have to turn it on every time

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Hey there f350cummins! Was that something you had your tuner add?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 RAM 2500, MM3/DRD, 625 ARP Studs, RevMax VB

15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

@Double R Diesel put it in there without me asking. I think its something he always does. It stays in its last state when the truck was shut off, so I only have to turn it on when I retune.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

16. Thanks Jaxonsram, arnoldsq thanked for this post
    Likes Jaxonsram liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast