Thanks Thanks:  1,458
Likes Likes:  2,874
Page 46 of 253 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: RaceME Ultra Update and Upcoming RaceME Custom Tuning

1. Top Of Page | #451

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel LLC View Post
    I've got a theory here based on my experience...

Lower injection timing. RaceME lowered the main injection timing advance quite a bit in the low load/low rpm ranges in order to help keep folks from complaining about the timing rattle that was heard when the engine was cold particularly with the older updates. However, one negative side effect of low injection timing is poor combustion on a cold cylinder with leads to blue smoke and misfires until the engine warms.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    I don't know a ton about engines and tuning, but that's exactly what it seems like. Most of my driving is around town lately, so the motor takes a long time to get to operating temp and lots of stop and go. I remember the first release was pretty noisy when cold, and the last couple were a lot quieter.

I, for one, would much rather have a noisy motor than a bunch of blue smoke burps when accelerating. LOL.

Can I fix this by increasing the timing settings? Or do the timing settings not affect the low load/low rpm timing?

Despite these little issues, I think the RaceME team is doing a great job! The new trans tuning is awesome, can't wait to pull the trailer with it tomorrow morning.

2. Top Of Page | #452

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hugedogleg View Post
    I'm not real sure why I went by stock first either haha. I'm going to put the truck on charge over night, pull the SD card again and redo my firmware update and start fresh in the morning. The truck was in park running when I tried to find OTF, not sure if that makes a difference or not. @RATLIN'HP
    No it should be there.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

3. Top Of Page | #453

User Info Menu

I'm not real sure why I went by stock first either haha. I'm going to put the truck on charge over night, pull the SD card again and redo my firmware update and start fresh in the morning. The truck was in park running when I tried to find OTF, not sure if that makes a difference or not. @RATLIN'HP
    I would try to redo the firmware like you are saying, that same thing happened to me when I did an update once because I went back to stock. I just re did the sd card and I was good to go. Needless to say I never went back to stock just to program. Hope that helps.

4. Likes RATLIN'HP liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #454

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mtday View Post
    I don't know a ton about engines and tuning, but that's exactly what it seems like. Most of my driving is around town lately, so the motor takes a long time to get to operating temp and lots of stop and go. I remember the first release was pretty noisy when cold, and the last couple were a lot quieter.

I, for one, would much rather have a noisy motor than a bunch of blue smoke burps when accelerating. LOL.

Can I fix this by increasing the timing settings? Or do the timing settings not affect the low load/low rpm timing?

Despite these little issues, I think the RaceME team is doing a great job! The new trans tuning is awesome, can't wait to pull the trailer with it tomorrow morning.
    You can try the higher timing but you have gotta be careful. Too much timing for the duration is a sure way to blow a head gasket...but we are talking hitting the throttle more than 50% in this case. I'm running the 29* setting and I notice timing hovering around -1 or one degree retarded under light throttle and cruise. It used to be around 3-4* advanced under the same scenarios with the earlier update. That's a huge chunk of timing taken away. Now in their defense, RaceME does have their timing map ramping the timing advance back up very quickly once you apply enough throttle and load.

Edit...
    Thanks for the low rpm/load timing info Ratlin'HP

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

6. Thanks mtday thanked for this post
    Likes RATLIN'HP liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #455

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mtday View Post

Unfortunately no, changing the timing on the ultra will not increase where they have the main injection timing set at low rpm. Soon though, very soon we hope!

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

8. Thanks mtday thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, mtday liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #456

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel LLC View Post
    You can try the higher timing but you have gotta be careful. Too much timing for the duration is a sure way to blow a head gasket...but we are talking hitting the throttle more than 50% in this case. I'm running the 29* setting and I notice timing hovering around -1 or one degree retarded under light throttle and cruise. It used to be around 3-4* advanced under the same scenarios with the earlier update. That's a huge chunk of timing taken away. Now in their defense, RaceME does have their timing map ramping the timing advance back up very quickly once you apply enough throttle and load.

Edit...
    Thanks for the low rpm/load timing info Ratlin'HP

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    LOL so maybe I'm wrong!! I did not think that would work. Thank god ray stays up late! LOL

10. Top Of Page | #457

User Info Menu

@RATLIN'HP @Double R Diesel LLC @Franz I'm not going to lie I'm getting quite frustrated and ready to yank this tuner! I'm on charge and have 13-14 Volts. I went back to the .24 firmware and programmed the truck. Everything successful and OTF is there. I pull the SD card and update to .26, fresh download from raceme.eu and all. I update firmware on tuner, go straight to custom tune successfully. OTF is not there anywhere. I don't get it and I don't have time for my truck to be down.

11. Top Of Page | #458

User Info Menu

@RATLIN'HP @Double R Diesel LLC @Franz I'm not going to lie I'm getting quite frustrated and ready to yank this tuner! I'm on charge and have 13-14 Volts. I went back to the .24 firmware and programmed the truck. Everything successful and OTF is there. I pull the SD card and update to .26, fresh download from raceme.eu and all. I update firmware on tuner, go straight to custom tune successfully. OTF is not there anywhere. I don't get it and I don't have time for my truck to be down.
    I'm quite sure Franz will get you fixed up. He got another fella ready to bow out back to all smiles today. Be sure to shoot him an email directly. Its a little after 6 am in Austria. He will be back at work in 2-3 hours.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

12. Top Of Page | #459

User Info Menu

I just emailed him with the text files. I haven't driven it because I don't whether all is well or not. The truck cranks and runs fine and no CEL or anything, but my OTF isn't there as it is with .24. I don't know if I need to download the patch or what. We are all getting the same firmware so I would think it would be there. Thanks for the help, I'm happy with everything I just get frustrated easily ha @Double R Diesel LLC

13. Top Of Page | #460

User Info Menu

I just emailed him with the text files. I haven't driven it because I don't whether all is well or not. The truck cranks and runs fine and no CEL or anything, but my OTF isn't there as it is with .24. I don't know if I need to download the patch or what. We are all getting the same firmware so I would think it would be there. Thanks for the help, I'm happy with everything I just get frustrated easily ha @Double R Diesel LLC
    Just curious, have you tried going into the main menu and seeing if you can get to the OTF thru the ECM/DTC menu? BTW, no worries. We all lose our cool from time to time.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

Page 46 of 253 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast