Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drive Shaft Slip Yoke Wobble (Videos)

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Drive Shaft Slip Yoke Wobble (Videos)

Quote Originally Posted by Reesie View Post
    Its solid, no leaks, and it's never been hit. I wonder if if the cold in Alaska had an impact on the balancers seal. I first noticed it immediately after my 4th towing trip down from Alaska in Oct but randomly when turning the wheel.
    If you have a C & C, I'm not sure what your warranty is. That may be covered yet under drivetrain

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member Controlled_Pair253's Avatar

User Info Menu

Is the carrier bearing good? Honestly, having a guideline shop press the new u joints is the only way to go unless toy have a 20 ton press.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled_Pair253 View Post
    Is the carrier bearing good? Honestly, having a guideline shop press the new u joints is the only way to go unless toy have a 20 ton press.

He said it was a one piece shaft earlier. POST JUMPER! LOL JK I do it all the time

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member Controlled_Pair253's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    He said it was a one piece shaft earlier. POST JUMPER! LOL JK I do it all the time
    Well shoot, I missed that.

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled_Pair253 View Post
    Well shoot, I missed that.

30 lashes with a wet noodle

6. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

No warranty left. I'm just going to take the driveshaft off and drop it off at the local shop here.

7. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Well went to the drive shaft shop and the guy said that this wouldn't cause a low speed vibration. I guess I have another problem.

8. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

I went ahead with fixing the driveshaft. Problem is gone!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12