Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fass use + Factory warranty = ?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Fass use + Factory warranty = ?

So I'm asking a question on 2 different things. my experience with Fass products has always been great. the Fass pump had a lifetime warranty. I have had many pumps and many different trucks and I even remember long ago when Fass was somewhat new Like 2003? They advertised that they do not hurt your factory warranty. So I cannot for the life of me find current Fass info if they are saying that it would not hurt the warranty.

The second question, I can't compare how I had my Fass 150 set up on my 2002 to 2017 6.7.

Are people bypassing both, the factory separator and filter? or just bypassing the separator? also another thought on when and what HP are you really needing such as a Fass. IMO first off for the filtration that should trump any other need first. But I would think that compared to my old smarty, old F1 150HP injectors the old hopped up diesels seems to hit too hard, over fuel, black smoke and have tons of fuel waste.

So when you have a better tuned 6.7 without the smoke and smoother power is the need for a Higher rated pump (FASS) when is this needed. I have my MM3 EGR/Less tuner coming soon and I know my stock fuel set up is fine for this, However, these questions will be for next couple years or for someone else that is thinking the same.

Oh, and how do I put My truck stuff and other made up things about it below on my post?

thanks
    Justin Southern Oregon (Republican part)

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Fass use + Factory warranty = ?

I don't have any experience with aftermarket fuel pumps, but I think I can help with your second question.
    Under the header click edit profile, profile settings, scroll down to edit signature. You should be able to add everything you want.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Walla2k5, Thanks for the info. I had to use my home puter, my work one (Govt...) wasn't allowing me to open the drop down on Profile. but I got my signature started. thanks

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

5. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I will be setting up my 6.7 bypassing the factory fuel filter and straight to the CP3 from Fass when the time comes. Factory CP3 should (key word) hold rail pressure up to 600+ hp with good tunes (Rays are great). I know he has that video of 2nd gen swap and was mid 500s with stock pump/fuel.

warranty I am not sure about- it probably would depend on the dealer and the issue that was going on with the truck

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes Polaraco liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

FASS and Cummins Inc work together and Cummins has stated FASS Fuel Systems will not VOID your warranty.

That is straight from the mouth of Cummins Inc.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

9. Thanks walla2k5, Polaraco, cumminsdieselfreak thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    So I'm asking a question on 2 different things. my experience with Fass products has always been great. the Fass pump had a lifetime warranty. I have had many pumps and many different trucks and I even remember long ago when Fass was somewhat new Like 2003? They advertised that they do not hurt your factory warranty. So I cannot for the life of me find current Fass info if they are saying that it would not hurt the warranty.

The second question, I can't compare how I had my Fass 150 set up on my 2002 to 2017 6.7.

Are people bypassing both, the factory separator and filter? or just bypassing the separator? also another thought on when and what HP are you really needing such as a Fass. IMO first off for the filtration that should trump any other need first. But I would think that compared to my old smarty, old F1 150HP injectors the old hopped up diesels seems to hit too hard, over fuel, black smoke and have tons of fuel waste.

So when you have a better tuned 6.7 without the smoke and smoother power is the need for a Higher rated pump (FASS) when is this needed. I have my MM3 EGR/Less tuner coming soon and I know my stock fuel set up is fine for this, However, these questions will be for next couple years or for someone else that is thinking the same.

Oh, and how do I put My truck stuff and other made up things about it below on my post?

thanks
    Justin Southern Oregon (Republican part)
    IF I READ THIS RIGHT, YOU WANT TO PUT THE 150 FROM AN 01 TO THE 17. YES IT CAN BE DONE, BUT I THINK YOU'LL NEED TO GET THE CORRECT HARNESS AS THEY ARE PROBABLY VERY DIFFERENT. THE 01 HAD AN EXTERNAL LIFT PUMP AND THE 17 IS INTERNAL. BTW, THE FASS PUMP IS RATED TO 250,000 HOURS. YOU MIGHT BITE THE BULLET AND GET ALL NEW. FASS IS A GREAT CHOICE! @Dude's Diesel Performance FIX YOU UP.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    FASS and Cummins Inc work together and Cummins has stated FASS Fuel Systems will not VOID your warranty.

That is straight from the mouth of Cummins Inc.
    Thanks boss. I was just about to tell him that.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Correction so we are all on the same. I was just talking about my past trucks and using Fass and had nothing but good results. if I do put a Fass on my 17 it will be a new pump for the 17. the past trucks are sold and the fass systems are on those trucks.
    I have seen people put a fass pump and a fass system w/filters on newer 6.7's. I have seen it with a fass pump going through the factory main fuel filter and then to the CP3.
    I have seen where (most) put a Fass system w/filters bypassing (all) of factory filters and going straight to the CP3.
    my question was mainly based on (if) a fass system would void a new truck warranty. which set up would not void warranty. I cannot find anywhere on fass website that they claim, advertise that the systems they sell would not void a factory warranty. now they may warranty their product, may warranty if , lets say a CP3 or injectors went bad due to failure of a fass pump going bad. but who would determine that. a dealership? they would likely try and stay out of that that topic.
    so I have not found any plain easy to find plain English anywhere that a Fass system would NOT void a factory warranty. lets say that your Fass system is working with no issues and you have a CP3 or injector go bad? So we are back to the point of a dealership saying they will or will not cover under warranty but they can say that a
    fass system installed, a aftermarket non factory or approved system was installed and they void warranty..
    does anyone on here have a link or a document that a Fass or any other aftermarket system would not void a warranty. I'm not trying to be negative. I loved my past fass systems and all the good things they do with protecting the fuel and such. when we buy a new truck and start adding things we all become "our own warranty" at sometime.
    soon I will have Ray's Egr/less MM3, actually it should be here tomorrow in the mail.

Justin

12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    Correction so we are all on the same. I was just talking about my past trucks and using Fass and had nothing but good results. if I do put a Fass on my 17 it will be a new pump for the 17. the past trucks are sold and the fass systems are on those trucks.
    I have seen people put a fass pump and a fass system w/filters on newer 6.7's. I have seen it with a fass pump going through the factory main fuel filter and then to the CP3.
    I have seen where (most) put a Fass system w/filters bypassing (all) of factory filters and going straight to the CP3.
    my question was mainly based on (if) a fass system would void a new truck warranty. which set up would not void warranty. I cannot find anywhere on fass website that they claim, advertise that the systems they sell would not void a factory warranty. now they may warranty their product, may warranty if , lets say a CP3 or injectors went bad due to failure of a fass pump going bad. but who would determine that. a dealership? they would likely try and stay out of that that topic.
    so I have not found any plain easy to find plain English anywhere that a Fass system would NOT void a factory warranty. lets say that your Fass system is working with no issues and you have a CP3 or injector go bad? So we are back to the point of a dealership saying they will or will not cover under warranty but they can say that a
    fass system installed, a aftermarket non factory or approved system was installed and they void warranty..
    does anyone on here have a link or a document that a Fass or any other aftermarket system would not void a warranty. I'm not trying to be negative. I loved my past fass systems and all the good things they do with protecting the fuel and such. when we buy a new truck and start adding things we all become "our own warranty" at sometime.
    soon I will have Ray's Egr/less MM3, actually it should be here tomorrow in the mail.
    Ah I think I see. My brain doesn't absorb too much. I've had 5 strokes. But I get it

What I did on my 08 was bypass the whole thing. I did add a second filter down from the pump with a finer micron. I don't think the dealer will give you any fits with a setup kike that. The filtration is better than the Cummins then. Unless you have an airdog whose filters rusted internally

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

This is on Fass site...I personally would still ask the dealer and try and find something in writing. They will try and dodge you at all costs to not warranty something...see what I did there?

https://fassride.com/frequently-aske...q/#toggle-id-6

Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Thanks DIESELWRKS, Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DIESELWRKS, Polaraco liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Texneck, thanks for that info. I don't know why I didn't see that on the web. appreciate your time.

Justin

16. Likes TexNeck liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast