Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  90
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: **New Member**

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: **New Member**

Quote Originally Posted by Iowafarmboy View Post
    They were telling me to buy their replacement bulbs. They go in the stock housing and all but they are LED. I will probably look for a forum or start one when I’m ready to buy so I can get as many opinions as possible.
    Just be careful with the LED’s. They won’t work half the time because of our canBUS systems. Trust me I’ve been down that road several times. HID’s work better but sometimes you still have to put a canBUS adapter on it just like the LED bulbs to trick the computer.
    When I did get the LED’s working for a short time I was not impressed with them. Too many dark spots in the light driving at night.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

2. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I bought their tail light housings and very happy with them. Prices were good.

You might check: https://www.1aauto.com/search?q=head...015&model=1775 ... for their head lights.
    Not sure of the cost verses for others or cost of repair of the lens.
    But worth the look.

As for LED's ... have them and will never go back to halogens again.
    Oh, an I have the can buss installed with the LED's for years now and never had a problem.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    I bought their tail light housings and very happy with them. Prices were good.

You might check: https://www.1aauto.com/search?q=head...015&model=1775 ... for their head lights.
    Not sure of the cost verses for others or cost of repair of the lens.
    But worth the look.

As for LED's ... have them and will never go back to halogens again.
    Oh, an I have the can buss installed with the LED's for years now and never had a problem.
    Your one of the lucky ones then because my last 3 Rams I’ve owned the canBUS hated LED’s! LOL

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

6. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I've read some are made with the can bus built into the light.
    But I haven't verified that yet since I don't need to replace them yet.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

The ones I’ve seen have a little box to put in line to eliminate flickering and random shut offs. That and there is a resistor that you install across two of the wires for I’m guessing an issue like canbus but I don’t know for sure. I know it was more than just a bulb replacement it was a full kit of some type.

10. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Well having a stock truck it's all good as long as the stock can handle what you throw at it..... And then some. Sounds like you have it figured out on what you want and have been busy enough to save to get er done!

12. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Missy Kravitz View Post
    Well having a stock truck it's all good as long as the stock can handle what you throw at it..... And then some. Sounds like you have it figured out on what you want and have been busy enough to save to get er done!
    Always have to have a plan! I like forums like this because you find people with real world experience with the upgrades and sometimes you learn better options. Not saying what I have found is the best but so far it seems like it’s what works best for me so far.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Welcome @Iowafarmboy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by david3gen View Post
    Welcome @Iowafarmboy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you!

18. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Hello and welcome @Iowafarmboy
    Enjoy our forum!

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    2014 Cummins Mega 3500 ( Aisin ) 4X4
    MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

19. Likes watersupply189, david3gen, dodgemark liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast