Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  14
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Boost/exhaust brake/MAP sensor issues?

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: Boost/exhaust brake/MAP sensor issues?

jt_cummins, I have good news and bad news for you. The good news, you are not the only one with this exact issue. My 2010 G56 does the same exact thing. I'm running EFI Live by MotorOps and an Insight CTS2, and I have the same exact issue as well as a P2579 mil that I can't get rid of. I've replaced MAP Sensor and Turbo Speed Sensor with no fix. I sent the CTS2 back to Edge and they put it thru all kinds of tests and couldn't find anything. The 2 weeks without the cts2 out of the truck i had the same results. I can hear the turbo spool up so i know it's spinning. If the cts2 shows any boost while driving the EB will slide you in the seat. If no boost reading, its there but probably reduced by half. MotorOps has basically washed their hands of it saying it must be a wiring issue with my truck. I've checked it all, cleaned connections, checked grounds and nothing. Who is your tuner? If it is by chance MotorOps we would maybe have something narrowed down. If not I will just continue to beat my head against the wall. I guess I didn't say what the bad news was but it's basically that I haven't figured anything out.

2. Likes david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Hey, sorry I never updated anyone after it was fixed. I ended up doing a data log and sending it to my tuner and he sent me an updated tune and it has worked ever since. I run Hardway Performance tuning.

4. Likes Power247 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

I actually never did look at what date you originally posted until I already sent my post but I'm glad you got back for an update. I will have to contact MotorOps and see if they will do the same for me. Do you know by chance what your Data Log showed as the culprit? Maybe if I can help steer them in the right direction it could help.

6. Top Of Page | #34
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Nope, they never said and I never asked. I was just happy that it worked. Sorry, wish I was more help

7. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

No need to apologize, you've pointed me in a direction at least. Thanks for your update!!!!

8. Top Of Page | #36
    Basic Member Controlled_Pair253's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cyunck51 View Post
    jt_cummins, I have good news and bad news for you. The good news, you are not the only one with this exact issue. My 2010 G56 does the same exact thing. I'm running EFI Live by MotorOps and an Insight CTS2, and I have the same exact issue as well as a P2579 mil that I can't get rid of. I've replaced MAP Sensor and Turbo Speed Sensor with no fix. I sent the CTS2 back to Edge and they put it thru all kinds of tests and couldn't find anything. The 2 weeks without the cts2 out of the truck i had the same results. I can hear the turbo spool up so i know it's spinning. If the cts2 shows any boost while driving the EB will slide you in the seat. If no boost reading, its there but probably reduced by half. MotorOps has basically washed their hands of it saying it must be a wiring issue with my truck. I've checked it all, cleaned connections, checked grounds and nothing. Who is your tuner? If it is by chance MotorOps we would maybe have something narrowed down. If not I will just continue to beat my head against the wall. I guess I didn't say what the bad news was but it's basically that I haven't figured anything out.
    I have the same issue, among other issues ( exhaust service, see dealer now with limp mode. And the red lightning bolt) Have you contacted motorops to see if they would retune?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

9. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

I did contact them. Told them what I had figured out and asked if I could send them some recorded data. They said to send it to them and they will take a look, I still haven’t heard from them and that was at the beginning of August. I’m pretty much done dealing with them. They have about zero customer service and seem like they could care less. Just gonna save up money and go with an mm3 from Double R Diesel

10. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cyunck51 View Post
    I did contact them. Told them what I had figured out and asked if I could send them some recorded data. They said to send it to them and they will take a look, I still haven’t heard from them and that was at the beginning of August. I’m pretty much done dealing with them. They have about zero customer service and seem like they could care less. Just gonna save up money and go with an mm3 from Double R Diesel
    I feel exactly the same, have you talked to DRD yet? Just curious what they would say. Im not to stoned in motorops tune, it seems like they don't care.

11. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

@Controlled_Pair253. I know I talked to you in the other post. I think this is why there is alot of tuners really stoked about ez lynk. Cuz they can revise their tunes and just send it to everyone that holds their tunes all at once in a case like this. From my understanding anyways. I feel like efi live would be a pain is the a$$ to get updates. I really hope yall can get them to take care of it.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

12. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    @Controlled_Pair253. I know I talked to you in the other post. I think this is why there is alot of tuners really stoked about ez lynk. Cuz they can revise their tunes and just send it to everyone that holds their tunes all at once in a case like this. From my understanding anyways. I feel like efi live would be a pain is the a$$ to get updates. I really hope yall can get them to take care of it.
    I don't know enough about ez lynk. My other issue is a $0281 with the auto cal......fml.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast