Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exhaust brake

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Exhaust brake

The Raceme Ultra does the same thing on my truck. Just box tunes, latest update.

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

So I tried it out today, and noticed that it sounds like the engine is loaded down more during warming up. Is that normal? Then when I put it in reverse to back out of the driveway, the truck was in a sense surging. I shut the exhaust brake back off and it went back to normal. Ambient temp was about 53 degrees. Bare in mind, my truck is stock, no tuner or deletes and has the 68RFE. Do these things sound normal?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

2015 CCSB 6.7 Bone stock from there. Wanting more when and if 💲 permits to do so.....

3. Top Of Page | #13

Turning the exhaust brake on will change the sound of the truck while idling...at least it does on mine. I have not notice the surging though, but have only owned the truck for a month or so.

4. Likes 48Panhead liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 48Panhead View Post
    So I tried it out today, and noticed that it sounds like the engine is loaded down more during warming up. Is that normal? Then when I put it in reverse to back out of the driveway, the truck was in a sense surging. I shut the exhaust brake back off and it went back to normal. Ambient temp was about 53 degrees. Bare in mind, my truck is stock, no tuner or deletes and has the 68RFE. Do these things sound normal?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    I pretty sure this is all normal, as when mine was stock it done the surging too.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

6. Likes 48Panhead liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

If it's under 60 degrees F outside and my truck coolant temp is below around 165 my exhaust brake will engage at idle/high idle. Helps with warming the truck up faster. But since I have a 5" straight Exhaust it sounds like a dang jet plane taking off. Hahaha My neighbors love me on cold winter mornings here in Ohio.

2012 Ram 2500 SLT Big Horn CCSB | 6.7 CUMMINS H.O. | EFI Live by Hardway Performance & CSP5 | Edge Insight CTS2 in pillar pod w/ EGT | S&B CAI with Ram Air Tube |5" Flo-Pro Straight Turbo Back | EGR & Cooler Delete | CCV Tube Delete | Throttle Valve Delete

8. Thanks Southerncomfort4x4 thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12