Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  27
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tranny question

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: Tranny question

And also options on the torque converter are " stock stall, 15 tooth ultra low stall, and 17 tooth low stall." What do the different options mean? Should I just pick stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gordonwinn91 View Post
    And also options on the torque converter are " stock stall, 15 tooth ultra low stall, and 17 tooth low stall." What do the different options mean? Should I just pick stock?

Just give @RevMax a call tell them what your plans are Im sure they will get you pointed in the right direction.

2014 RAM 2500 TRADESMAN "SMOKED A BIT TURBO LIT AND THAT WAS IT"

3. Thanks Gordonwinn91, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Gordonwinn91, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DUST1N View Post
    Just give Revmax a call tell them what your plans are Im sure they will get you pointed in the right direction.
    I second this. Best to let the experts point you in the right direction. Everything else is just circumstantial. I also concur that you're better off buying a built transmission rather than throwing parts at yours. Furthermore, Ray can get you squared away with the appropriate tuning since he is now @RevMax approved; but keep in mind that it is up to you to uphold your end of their warranty stipulations surrounding their break in period. @DanO has the link to the RevMax break in procedures (I had it at one point, but couldn't begin to tell you where) if you'd like to glance over what to expect when the time comes.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

5. Thanks Gordonwinn91, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Gordonwinn91, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thank you guys for the help !

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I tried to copy and paste the link here but failed miserably LOL. Go to their site and click on their instructions link and hit the 68RFE.

2014 Ram Laramie 3500 CCSB 6.7 Cummins. 3.42 gears. EGR Delete. Flo~Pro 5 inch TBE. ARP 625's. GDP grid delete and S2. 464 BMP Turbo on 2nd Gen Manifold. BD Exhaust Brake. Fass 150G Fuel System. BBI 1.5's. Exergy 10mm Stroker Pump. RevMax 68RFE 700 Series. Dual remote oil filters. Thuren coils. Carli progressive leafs with Thuren Kings 2.5. AMP Steps. Snow Performance Water/Meth Stage 2. BDS Recoil Traction Bars.
    Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35's on 20 x 10 Fuel Vapors.

9. Thanks RamIt, Gordonwinn91 thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DanO View Post
    I tried to copy and paste the link here but failed miserably LOL. Go to their site and click on their instructions link and hit the 68RFE.
    Thanks for trying @DanO!

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

11. Thanks Gordonwinn91 thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

There's the revmax 550 Combo kit for $4300. The full base transmission 550 is $4995 but you can add on a couple billet stems for a little more than a $1000. I think I'm just going to get the Combo kit but what are the advantages of billet parts?

Billet parts are just about virtually indestructible they are worth each and every penny bud

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

13. Thanks Gordonwinn91 thanked for this post
    Likes Gordonwinn91 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

I just called @RevMax, and when I upgrade my 68RFE tranny, I'll leaning toward getting the Signature 550 Series, rated to hold up to 550HP at the rear wheels, which would mean about 650 flywheel hp I think (?). RevMax told me to spring for the direct oiling billet input shaft, and the ultra low stall / 15 blade torque converter. Here's a screenshot of those menu selections from RevMax's website:

2014 Laramie 2500 CCSB - DRD MM3 Tuning, H&S SX-E 66mm Turbo Kit (DRD Giveaway #2), RevMax VB, Goerend Low Stall Converter & Billet Input Shaft, CA625 Head Studs, Custom Offsets MKW M95 Wheels, Nitto 11.5x35-R20 Ridge Grapplers, Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrapped Rockers, Wrapped Bumpers & Grille, Thuren Springs & Swaybar, Phantom Sun Light Bar, Westin Rear Booster Pods, Retroshop HIDs & Fogs & Backup LEDs, Wireless Air Lift 5000, Flo-Pro 4" SST Exhaust, FTEDiesel 30" resonator, AMP Bed Step, Rebadged, Truxport Tonneau, Undercoated, Alpine Sub & Amp, and more. Matt 22:37, Proverbs 16:24

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, RamIt liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Muskiebri View Post
    I just called @RevMax, and when I upgrade my 68RFE tranny, I'll leaning toward getting the Signature 550 Series, rated to hold up to 550HP at the rear wheels, which would mean about 650 flywheel hp I think (?). RevMax told me to spring for the direct oiling billet input shaft, and the ultra low stall / 15 blade torque converter. Here's a screenshot of those menu selections from RevMax's website:

Damn that's a good price. I'm gonna need to put 5 grand back for one of these

But why would you want a lower stall?
    High horsepower gas engines always opt for a higher stall for staging on the drag strip.

Is there a different concept at play here?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

17. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    But why would you want a lower stall?
    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    The guy at @RevMax asked me if I tow anything. I said a 3500# boat and a 6000# horse trailer, and that I'd also like strong acceleration for a light load with no trailer. He asked me if I was going to do any racing, to which I said no. He then told me to get the ultra low stall converter. I'm guessing it's like someone else said on this forum recently, RevMax knows diesel engines with a lot of low end grunt, which is a lot different than the high rpm gassers. Funny, the RevMax guy never gave me his name, but he answered both the Sales line and the Tech line, haha. I had three questions written down and ready to go about menu selections on their website, but I still felt rushed on the call

2014 Laramie 2500 CCSB - DRD MM3 Tuning, H&S SX-E 66mm Turbo Kit (DRD Giveaway #2), RevMax VB, Goerend Low Stall Converter & Billet Input Shaft, CA625 Head Studs, Custom Offsets MKW M95 Wheels, Nitto 11.5x35-R20 Ridge Grapplers, Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrapped Rockers, Wrapped Bumpers & Grille, Thuren Springs & Swaybar, Phantom Sun Light Bar, Westin Rear Booster Pods, Retroshop HIDs & Fogs & Backup LEDs, Wireless Air Lift 5000, Flo-Pro 4" SST Exhaust, FTEDiesel 30" resonator, AMP Bed Step, Rebadged, Truxport Tonneau, Undercoated, Alpine Sub & Amp, and more. Matt 22:37, Proverbs 16:24

18. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast