Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: VGT boost ? And exhaust pressure

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

VGT boost ? And exhaust pressure

So what's highest psi you can squeeze out of a stock VGT? I hit 37 ish on my monitor this morning and my EP gauge (mechanical) was about the same but I hear above a certain psi EP doubles ,on a side I did not look to see if my mechanical boost gauge was reading the same but from experience they are usually both on the money as far as the mechanical one and the ultra one
    2012 2500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: VGT boost ? And exhaust pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpw3ld3r25_8 View Post
    So what's highest psi you can squeeze out of a stock VGT? I hit 37 ish on my monitor this morning and my EP gauge (mechanical) was about the same but I hear above a certain psi EP doubles ,on a side I did not look to see if my mechanical boost gauge was reading the same but from experience they are usually both on the money as far as the mechanical one and the ultra one
    2012 2500

From my experience you are at the limit. Actually I've found power peaks around 34-36 psi with a stock VGT. Once you go beyond that the resulting heat and drive pressure actually starts to be a detriment to power.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: VGT boost ? And exhaust pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    From my experience you are at the limit. Actually I've found power peaks around 34-36 psi with a stock VGT. Once you go beyond that the resulting heat and drive pressure actually starts to be a detriment to power.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    Thanks Ray ya that's pretty much what I've heard and I have my alarm set at 34psi but I kinda rolled on it pretty good this morning some gasser trying to mess with me LOL but I know my max was about 36-37 psi and drive pressure was close to that egt maxed at 980