Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  26
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RaceMe Ultra

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Can I ask what problems you were having?? Also, what truck do you have??
    I looked a year ago with another truck that I got rid of right away and the race system seemed the best to me. Then, I bought a '11 a few months ago and started looking again and still came to the conclusion that race was for me and my truck. Bought the exhaust and ultra from Ray and all works as expected for now. I did buy a EGR and TV delete from somewhere else. I can wait a while for any custom tuning if I think I need it.
    I have read lots of bad reports about the race system, most with a manual trans. I have installed several on other peoples trucks and not one has had any issues.
    This is all personal observation, but when I read you think it does not "work as it should" I am curious what is meant by that.( others also I think)

2011 Big Horn CCSB. 3.73 gears, 68RFE, 255/80/17 Cooper SSTMaxx, 4" flo pro out the back, Race Me Ultra from Doublerdiesel, Full delete on top

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, oneshotkyle thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, oneshotkyle liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 68muleteem View Post
    Can I ask what problems you were having?? Also, what truck do you have??
    I looked a year ago with another truck that I got rid of right away and the race system seemed the best to me. Then, I bought a '11 a few months ago and started looking again and still came to the conclusion that race was for me and my truck. Bought the exhaust and ultra from Ray and all works as expected for now. I did buy a EGR and TV delete from somewhere else. I can wait a while for any custom tuning if I think I need it.
    I have read lots of bad reports about the race system, most with a manual trans. I have installed several on other peoples trucks and not one has had any issues.
    This is all personal observation, but when I read you think it does not "work as it should" I am curious what is meant by that.( others also I think)
    My biggest complaint at first was Franz's attitude that it was anything but a problem with the ultra, but after a lot of G56 users complained he finally did admit there was an issue with excessive timing rattle with manual trucks. The latest update supposedly addressed that, reducing it some. I'm not sure as I haven't done the most recent update yet. The next issue was that it disabled the cold weather exhaust brake warm-up feature (very important in winter here). I've heard it was restored in this latest update also, but only works on economy spool settings. The last issue I have is the fact that it makes little to no improvement in the lower rpm range, truck feels completely stock anywhere under 2000-2200rpm, where it spends lost of it's time. Maybe that's what it's designed to do, but unless you're racing, that's not much help. I just know, compared to my older trucks with Bully Dog programmers, it really slacks on low end. Pretty disappointing for a $1500 programmer. My truck is a 2015 2500 with G56

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

thanks for the feed back. Lots of people are saying the new update has fixed all the issues you are having. I guess if you still have it, try the update without the VIN lock program and see what happens. I would hate to spend that much money and have the power and warmup not work as I live in MN and need that also. My biggest disappointment is that the '10- '12 trucks have very poor MPG compared to the other years. This has nothing to do with race though. Still trying to figure out the difference in the computers.

2011 Big Horn CCSB. 3.73 gears, 68RFE, 255/80/17 Cooper SSTMaxx, 4" flo pro out the back, Race Me Ultra from Doublerdiesel, Full delete on top

5. Thanks STATELINE thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Re: RaceMe Ultra

REDUCED TO $1100, ANY TAKERS BEFORE I UPDATE IT?????

7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

My offer still stands LOL. Good luck bud. I think you should update myself and see if your issues go away. You may not even need to sell.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

OK................ $1000 and buyer pays for shipping!!!!!!! Surely someone wants this????? Where are all the RaceMe fans?????

9. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STATELINE View Post
    OK................ $1000 and buyer pays for shipping!!!!!!! Surely someone wants this????? Where are all the RaceMe fans?????
    Honestly the raceme fans would wait and purchase the mm3 for less with custom tunes. In the end 1000 for an used ultra and then custom tuning would be more than a mm3 with custom tunes, and it would be brand new. You would have to be down to around 7-800 to compete with that, and probably even less since it's used. It's like a laptop that you buy, and 6 months later there is something better. I'm in the same boat as is anyone with an ultra really that runs custom tuning. Such is life I guess. Just like a brand new truck loses thousands in value the second you drive off the lot.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

I think you should update and them go with warp. I understand that sometimes when you get a bad taste from something it's hard to swallow. But trust me and the rest of the members when we say ray can do magic with tuning. It's your choice and you need to do what's right for you. But the others having problems that Ray has helped love thier trucks and their raceme's now. Juxt my two cents. Good luck with whatever you choose.

2015 2500 CCSW Outdoorsman black badging, ram matts black steps, XD Crank 801's with 35/12.50/18 Toyo MT's, tinted widows, BDS 2" leveling kit with shocks race me ultra, flo pro 5" turbo back exhaust

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Honestly the raceme fans would wait and purchase the mm3 for less with custom tunes. In the end 1000 for an used ultra and then custom tuning would be more than a mm3 with custom tunes, and it would be brand new. You would have to be down to around 7-800 to compete with that, and probably even less since it's used. It's like a laptop that you buy, and 6 months later there is something better. I'm in the same boat as is anyone with an ultra really that runs custom tuning. Such is life I guess. Just like a brand new truck loses thousands in value the second you drive off the lot.
    too bad there's no lemon law to cover the RaceMe like there is for that new truck......

14. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STATELINE View Post
    too bad there's no lemon law to cover the RaceMe like there is for that new truck......
    Did you contact Ray from @Double R Diesel?

👉Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!👈

"The grass is greener where you water it"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast