Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revmax trannys

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Revmax trannys

On my 2nd 68RFE stocker the overdrive clutches are going out what’s a revmax 550 signature series like and how’s everyone like it for towing I haul my camper and side by side around 10k and what’s it like getting in the gas can it take the power??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Revmax trannys

I’m having one installed in a couple weeks and will be pulling my 8k# camper from Raleigh into the mountains of Cherokee NC a couple weeks later. Will let you know how she tows ASAP.

2012 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins. RevMax built 68RFE "550" transmission w/ billet flexplate/low stall triple disc TC/direct oiling billet input shaft. 35"x12.50" Toyo Open Country AT2 tires on OEM 20" wheels, Thuren soft ride front springs, Thuren track bar, Thuren upper and lower control arms, Hellbent steering box brace, King 2.0 steering damper, Redhead steering box, Fox 2.0 shocks, Carli ball joints, Caterpillar fuel filter/Donaldson water separator, ARP 425 head studs, Viair onboard air compressor, airlift 5k# rear airbags, V4 LED headlights, Kenwood head unit

3. Likes RamIt, Hotram9212, SyN liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BSchambs View Post
    I’m having one installed in a couple weeks and will be pulling my 8k# camper from Raleigh into the mountains of Cherokee NC a couple weeks later. Will let you know how she tows ASAP.

Did you find some place local to do the install?

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    Did you find some place local to do the install?

Greg
    Greg - yes sir, Revmax has a relationship with a nearby shop called Indian Land Transmission.

They pick up the new transmission from Revmax and return the old so no messing with core.

$750 of labor and they are an approved vendor.

Don’t want to risk anything on the warranty so seemed like a no brainier.

I’m lucky to live just about 3 hours away from Revmax so much more convenient process for an entire transmission swap.

2012 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins. RevMax built 68RFE "550" transmission w/ billet flexplate/low stall triple disc TC/direct oiling billet input shaft. 35"x12.50" Toyo Open Country AT2 tires on OEM 20" wheels, Thuren soft ride front springs, Thuren track bar, Thuren upper and lower control arms, Hellbent steering box brace, King 2.0 steering damper, Redhead steering box, Fox 2.0 shocks, Carli ball joints, Caterpillar fuel filter/Donaldson water separator, ARP 425 head studs, Viair onboard air compressor, airlift 5k# rear airbags, V4 LED headlights, Kenwood head unit

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247, SyN liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Greg - yes sir, Revmax has a relationship with a nearby shop called Indian Land Transmission.

They picked up the new transmission from Revmax and return the old so no messing with core.

I’m lucky to live just about 3 hours away from Revmax so much more convenient process for an entire transmission swap.

We’ll be looking forward to your information and insight

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Revmax trannys

Quote Originally Posted by Blake0912 View Post
    On my 2nd 68RFE stocker the overdrive clutches are going out what’s a revmax 550 signature series like and how’s everyone like it for towing I haul my camper and side by side around 10k and what’s it like getting in the gas can it take the power??

@Dude’s Diesel Performance can help you with Revmax!

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Likes SyN liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

They picked up the new transmission from Revmax and return the old so no messing with core.

This place in union county?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    This place in union county?
    It's about 20 minutes from Revmax just south of Charlotte and across the state line in Fort Mill, SC, which is York County if I'm not mistaken.

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

They pick up the new transmission from Revmax and return the old so no messing with core.

Gotcha, I have heard of Indian Land and have only heard good things about their work. $750 for labor doing a swap is not bad at all. Looking forward to hearing your feedback once you get the swap done.

Greg

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

13. Likes InlineSix.7, SyN liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

It's about 20 minutes from Revmax just south of Charlotte and across the state line in Fort Mill, SC, which is York County if I'm not mistaken.
    Looking forward to review as well. I am not too far from there so this sounds like it could be the ticket when my time comes for trans upgrade! Thanks for info!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

15. Likes Power247, Hotram9212 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast