Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  91
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Air Intake Manifold upgrade - at what point is it really needed

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Air Intake Manifold upgrade - at what point is it really needed

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    Makes sense, but the "it looks cool" factor is very important. LOL. I did the BD intercooler, pipes, and horn,along with a GDP grid delete. Prolly didn't need any of it. Hahaha. The VGT is always the limiting factor. Big horsepower is a ways down the road for me.
    Speaking of "cool factors", I love your truck!!

2014 Laramie 2500 CCSB - DRD MM3 Tuning, H&S SX-E 66mm Turbo Kit (DRD Giveaway #2), RevMax VB, Goerend Low Stall Converter & Billet Input Shaft, CA625 Head Studs, Custom Offsets MKW M95 Wheels, Nitto 11.5x35-R20 Ridge Grapplers, Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrapped Rockers, Wrapped Bumpers & Grille, Thuren Springs & Swaybar, Phantom Sun Light Bar, Westin Rear Booster Pods, Retroshop HIDs & Fogs & Backup LEDs, Wireless Air Lift 5000, Flo-Pro 4" SST Exhaust, FTEDiesel 30" resonator, AMP Bed Step, Rebadged, Truxport Tonneau, Undercoated, Alpine Sub & Amp, and more. Matt 22:37, Proverbs 16:24

2. Thanks TH-64 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, TH-64 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Gale is so full of crap. Don't fall into the banks trap. Trust me. I have lots of experience with defiance of physics. As an engineer and long time owner of these Cummins, knowing them intimately, in and out, you'd be better with a shibby intake. I saw the flow tests, independently done by one of the magazines a few years back. Shibby out performed all of them and is the least known. I actually did the shibby BETA back in 08 with Kurt. Tested the EGR and Non EGR intakes, grid delete, and high flow grid heater

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Thanks Muskiebri, 9mgcb81, david3gen thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, 9mgcb81, david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Gale is so full of crap. Don't fall into the banks trap. Trust me. I have lots of experience with defiance of physics. As an engineer and long time owner of these Cummins, knowing them intimately, in and out, you'd be better with a shibby intake. I saw the flow tests, independently done by one of the magazines a few years back. Shibby out performed all of them and is the least known. I actually did the shibby BETA back in 08 with Kurt. Tested the EGR and Non EGR intakes, grid delete, and high flow grid heater
    I hear you. Thank you. I should have left the Banks stuff out of this thread. It was distracting. I mainly wanted to discuss the value of adding an aftermarket intake manifold.

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Muskiebri View Post
    I hear you. Thank you. I should have left the Banks stuff out of this thread. It was distracting. I mainly wanted to discuss the value of adding an aftermarket intake manifold.
    You will definitely experience an improvement with the performance and economy by changing the horn and deleting the EGR. If you don't want to delete the EGR and still want to improve the flow, Shibby has a horn for that too. Talk to Ray or the Dude about it. They are both Shibby dealers. The ultimate would be deleting the grid heater and going with the remote. You'll definitely feel the difference.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Thanks david3gen thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

There's always nut huggers who think that the most well known or biggest names mean the best. I hate Banks. If they were 1/4 of the price might be ok using them

Shibby is one of the best for these trucks hands down

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Polaraco liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

You will definitely experience an improvement with the performance and economy by changing the horn and deleting the EGR. If you don't want to delete the EGR and still want to improve the flow, Shibby has a horn for that too. Talk to Ray or the Dude about it. They are both Shibby dealers. The ultimate would be deleting the grid heater and going with the remote. You'll definitely feel the difference.
    Yes indeed bro Banks is a total BS master

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

12. Likes Polaraco, david3gen liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Thank you bro for putting in your input I effing can’t stand Banks

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

14. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinopkc View Post
    I'll go one further. The CAI is a negative. Between zero gains, and the extra dirt in your engine, they are a constant drain. Here's my turbo hose that I changed out. It had dirt deposits on the walls that were thick enough to flake off when scraped with a fingernail. Stock intake is going back on.

Attachment 6222
    I'm dieing to know.... Was this just an exposed cone filter on the end of the turbo inlet or a full aftermarket system?

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

15. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #29
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Fully enclosed "top of the line" CAI. I wouldn't suck hot air out of my engine bay, that has never made sense to me.

17. Thanks Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    I'm dieing to know.... Was this just an exposed cone filter on the end of the turbo inlet or a full aftermarket system?

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310
    Man that just sucks bro

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast