Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: AirDog/Fass Fuel Pressure ?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

AirDog/Fass Fuel Pressure ?

Gents,

Looking to get safe feed back on what a safe pressure to set on the lift pump? I have seen different numbers, just want to see what you all think! Currently mine is set at 17 but that fluctuates from time to time.

V/R,
    Earl

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: AirDog/Fass Fuel Pressure ?

Any ideas out there ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

What size fass do ya have bud? Just in general most folks will set theirs at 17-21 psi. As long as it's not below 7 Psi you should be fine. Fluctuation is normal as long as it does not drop dramatically ya know?

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

AirDog/Fass Fuel Pressure ?

My Fass fluctuates between 17-19 psi no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Top Of Page | #5
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I still have my stock lift pump, but have read up on the FASS pumps for when the need arise. It seems the best to keep any after market lift pump is on the higher end, 19 - 20 psig ... so you have a good pressure and flow of fuel for the engine, a good flow for flushing the heat from the system feeding the engine, and never having a concern of fuel running the truck and any speed or under any load.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

7. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

DDP, currently its an AirDog 165 4G. It seemed to set at about 12-14 psi when I bought it. I have noticed a little louder pump sound that comes and goes and fluctuation of psi down to almost 5 at times. Not under a load... just sitting. I was unsure about running higher psi to the CP3, heard it was bad and could cause issues... I have no clue so looking to see what the majority out there think. May Ray from @Double R Diesel could shine a light on this.

Thanks, guys, and info is awesome!

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SNAKEYES View Post
    DDP, currently its an AirDog 165 4G. It seemed to set at about 12-14 psi when I bought it. I have noticed a little louder pump sound that comes and goes and fluctuation of psi down to almost 5 at times. Not under a load... just sitting. I was unsure about running higher psi to the CP3, heard it was bad and could cause issues... I have no clue so looking to see what the majority out there think. May Ray from @Double R Diesel could shine a light on this.

Thanks, guys, and info is awesome!
    Unfortunately I have heard of many people having problems with AirDog maybe you have a faulty pump bud never heard of an6 problems with Fass though bud

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

10. Likes david3gen liked this post