Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: MM3 tune

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MM3 tune

I just received a revised MM3 tune from T&K Performance. But the file shows 5mb. Is that a correct number for the file size?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 tune

Quote Originally Posted by Jay6.7 View Post
    I just received a revised MM3 tune from T&K Performance. But the file shows 5mb. Is that a correct number for the file size?
    Could be, depends on what the tune is for.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

3. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

It just says ECMv3, I asked for a retune for the trans

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

My .ecm file was 3.8mb so it is not that far off, add in the .rtg files and I was at 4mb. I got mine from Ray at Double R Diesel

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

7. Likes Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Update, just loaded and flashed my truck with the new ecm file that was sent to me. I really didn't get that much time behind the wheel to get a real feel for the trans learning. Only about 15-20 miles or so. Now it locks in 3rd for a short amount of time then shifts and locks into 4th, 5th and 6th. I know it's going to take a bit for the trans to relearn and hopefully it should clean up a bit. Would it be best to run my 15 hp tune instead of the 100hp for the relearn? Also, when in lockup and it's about to shift I noticed it flares out and then locks into the next gear, is that normal? And is it good to have a 3rd gear lockup? Thanks in advance

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jay6.7 View Post
    Update, just loaded and flashed my truck with the new ecm file that was sent to me. I really didn't get that much time behind the wheel to get a real feel for the trans learning. Only about 15-20 miles or so. Now it locks in 3rd for a short amount of time then shifts and locks into 4th, 5th and 6th. I know it's going to take a bit for the trans to relearn and hopefully it should clean up a bit. Would it be best to run my 15 hp tune instead of the 100hp for the relearn? Also, when in lockup and it's about to shift I noticed it flares out and then locks into the next gear, is that normal? And is it good to have a 3rd gear lockup? Thanks in advance
    Theoretically relearning is better with lower HP tuning

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    Theoretically relearning is better with lower HP tuning
    Thanks, that is good to know. I have it set to key on for 100hp, I'll make sure I turn it down every time I get in the truck. At least for a while anyway

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

100hp won't hurt anything if you wanted to use that