Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MM3 Tuner and Apple Computer - Any Issues?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MM3 Tuner and Apple Computer - Any Issues?

Hey guys, so I just received my MM3 Tuner from Ray @Double R Diesel and I cant wait to start the tuning process.

I'm planning on making my stock file this morning and sending it off to the guys at Double R.

I've heard that sometimes Apple Computers can do weird things to the tuning files?

Any truth in this? I have a 2016 i Mac with the latest OS on it.

Thanks for the help!

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

For some reason they hate Apple products and everyone has issues.

4. Thanks mazukea, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I have had RaceME for 2 years now and never had an issue tuning.

Had a couple issues with operator errors but really not much to loading the tunes and clearing sims.

All I've had the past five years is apple products and starting to want to change to something else because they keep getting more and more expensive, but not for any reason to do with tuning my truck.

Best of luck!

6. Thanks mazukea, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes mazukea, walla2k5, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I received my MM3 from Double R and set it up and got my stock file and sent it in.

When I received my tunes via email I was pretty excited to download and get to work, then I saw the message of do not use Apple/Mac to down load only use a window based system!

I had to wait 3 days to download the tunes to the card cause I had to wait for my Bill to come by with his laptop.

I'm gonna look around and find a " cheap-o-deluxe" laptop or tablet to use just for this unit.

I'm hoping the stock file I sent from my Mac isn't going to cause problems.

8. Thanks mazukea, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Wow, thanks for all the responses.

So maybe I should get a cheap windows based laptop.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

My wife sewing program is 'only' windows OS based, so we have to put up with it. I don't see why a mac based / window system won't work. (Except for the cost of windows OS, parallels type system to run it on and a security system to protect you from every virus, trogan horse ...... out there that wants to invade your investment) AND the stress of the slow response plus mega updating everytime on it @ each startup of the computer. My wife mudders under her breath each time she wants to use that program !

I wouldn't worry much and wait until the brohter in law drops by when needed. If you get a cheap one, you still have to put up with the charging for batteries, updates of the OS and programs, and on and on .....

But why can't you use a Parallel type program with windows ? I use hers when I need to update my Smarty and have no problems?

Sorry, as you might of got the jest, I really don't like windows. (when I retired, I took all my windows based laptop out to my field and used it as a target holder when zeroing in my 30-06 rifle)

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

12. Thanks Elliss thanked for this post
    Likes ICT LPX, watersupply189, Elliss liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Oh yeah, I got the jest of yer post LOL!

I'm with ya on that issue.

I've used Mac for almost 15 yrs with no complaints.

Probably will get a cheapo windows unit at a yard sale or pawn shop just for these minor incidents every now and then.

14. Likes AnOldBiker, watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Well Ray from DRD recommended that I use a Windows based computer to download the tunes to my SD card.

So I went ahead and got a hold of a windows laptop and downloaded it to my card.

Now I just gotta find the time to tune and replace my exhaust.

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    My wife sewing program is 'only' windows OS based, so we have to put up with it. I don't see why a mac based / window system won't work. (Except for the cost of windows OS, parallels type system to run it on and a security system to protect you from every virus, trogan horse ...... out there that wants to invade your investment) AND the stress of the slow response plus mega updating everytime on it @ each startup of the computer. My wife mudders under her breath each time she wants to use that program !

I wouldn't worry much and wait until the brohter in law drops by when needed. If you get a cheap one, you still have to put up with the charging for batteries, updates of the OS and programs, and on and on .....

But why can't you use a Parallel type program with windows ? I use hers when I need to update my Smarty and have no problems?

Sorry, as you might of got the jest, I really don't like windows. (when I retired, I took all my windows based laptop out to my field and used it as a target holder when zeroing in my 30-06 rifle)
    People have used them and say they work.

Can't remember the ones mentioned though.

18. Likes AnOldBiker, watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post

I agree with you bro I hate PC's and all that Windows BS nothing but problems with PC's.

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast