Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Another tuning problem

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Another tuning problem

Hey guys so I'm having some trouble with tuning on my 2012 6.7 Cummins. Under light throttle and cruise the truck runs fine and everything seems normal on the data logs but under about 75% throttle from about 1800 to 2100 rpms, the injectors rattle almost like a 12v tune and the truck loses power until i get out of that range. I tested this on stock duration, timing, and rail maps and it still did the same thing. Looking at the datalogs, there are two cells in the upper range that are zeros and i can see in the line charts where the duration drops from around 1000 us to 0 us then jumps back to normal levels once outside of the 1800 - 2100 rpm range under 75% throttle. On a completely stock tune the truck shouldn't be doing this. Is there a hard limiter or something that i am hitting that is causing it or is there a sensor i am missing?

Edit: on a completely base tune with only emissions turned off, it does not do this now but on any other tune I try to make it does the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Another tuning problem

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins20126.7 View Post
    Hey guys so I'm having some trouble with tuning on my 2012 6.7 Cummins. Under light throttle and cruise the truck runs fine and everything seems normal on the data logs but under about 75% throttle from about 1800 to 2100 rpms, the injectors rattle almost like a 12v tune and the truck loses power until i get out of that range. I tested this on stock duration, timing, and rail maps and it still did the same thing. Looking at the datalogs, there are two cells in the upper range that are zeros and i can see in the line charts where the duration drops from around 1000 us to 0 us then jumps back to normal levels once outside of the 1800 - 2100 rpm range under 75% throttle. On a completely stock tune the truck shouldn't be doing this. Is there a hard limiter or something that i am hitting that is causing it or is there a sensor i am missing?

Edit: on a completely base tune with only emissions turned off, it does not do this now but on any other tune I try to make it does the same thing

Your best bet is to talk with Ray at DRD he is a tuning god best in the 6.7 Cummins World end of story

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Your best bet is to talk with Ray at DRD he is a tuning god best in the 6.7 Cummins World end of story
    I wish I could personally! Maybe he'll chime in but I respect his secrecy due to his business so I keep away from asking him!

4. Likes Power247 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

What tuning platform?
    if warp would you send me a sample of your tune? and data log, i'll look it over see if i can see anything.
    Do you know how to do that?

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Another tuning problem

Quote Originally Posted by Killer223 View Post
    What tuning platform?
    if warp would you send me a sample of your tune? and data log, i'll look it over see if i can see anything.
    Do you know how to do that?
    Yes it's Warp. Sure. What's your email? Or you can pm it to me

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

you've sent me a stock file once. do you still have my email?

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Killer223 View Post
    you've sent me a stock file once. do you still have my email?
    Nah man I can't find it or remember it