Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  58
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transmission Failures..... I’m Seeing a Trend

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Transmission Failures..... I’m Seeing a Trend

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    Looks like we just drew a picture for you.

THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED!
    I know Nuting. Seems like we may have a trend starting again.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Likes david3gen, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22
    Permanent Vacation Calibrated Addiction's Avatar

User Info Menu

if someone wants to hurt a truck bad enough on a factory tune it can be done. the 68 wont take to trying to pull a tree out of the ground either ,but its up to folks to have a bit of common sense in order to not hurt it. That said it CAN be hurt with anything run a 200 HP tune while towing and trans is not happy for very long. However there are guys who do it. Blaming locked shifts would be like blaming the 200 tune for that. with the exception locked shifts are a lot safer

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 74Beeper View Post
    I’m skeptical to admit this but before I bought my 17 Ram, I had an 08 F350 Harley Edition that was Spartan tuned. It was nice to be able to choose when the converter locked up. Let me tell ya that transmission SHIFTED HARD. I mean, it shifted scary hard. That’s why it’s been so difficult for me to accept this 68RFE. I do like how my RevMax 550 shifts though but it was a long road to get there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Definitely. Spartan or now Patriot transmission tuning is very harsh on the road. They just call it rev slamming. And don't know how to fix the tuning parameters to keep them from jumping 300-500 rpms and then shifting like you're chained to a tree

It's better going custom with KEM and then using Thunderbolt for the race tuning and transmission

6. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Calibrated Addiction View Post
    if someone wants to hurt a truck bad enough on a factory tune it can be done. the 68 wont take to trying to pull a tree out of the ground either ,but its up to folks to have a bit of common sense in order to not hurt it. That said it CAN be hurt with anything run a 200 HP tune while towing and trans is not happy for very long. However there are guys who do it. Blaming locked shifts would be like blaming the 200 tune for that. with the exception locked shifts are a lot safer
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    Definitely. Spartan or now Patriot transmission tuning is very harsh on the road. They just call it rev slamming. And don't know how to fix the tuning parameters to keep them from jumping 300-500 rpms and then shifting like you're chained to a tree

It's better going custom with KEM and then using Thunderbolt for the race tuning and transmission
    You hit anything long enough with a hammer and eventually it will break. It's the same thing.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Likes david3gen liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post

They still haven’t fixed that rev slam shifting yet? I first tuned my old 6.4 with Spartan back in the spring of ‘12 and that was an issue then. Their “fix” was to run the transmission 1qt over full..... It didn’t help

The only thing in the oil field that's for sure, is nothing is for sure.......

2017 Ram Laramie Longhorn 2500, Lifted, deleted, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. RevMax Enhanced 68RFE

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears
    1979 Lil Red Express (Currently doing a 12 valve Cummins swap)

9. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 74Beeper View Post
    They still haven’t fixed that rev slam shifting yet? I first tuned my old 6.4 with Spartan back in the spring of ‘12 and that was an issue then. Their “fix” was to run the transmission 1qt over full..... It didn’t help

2017 Ram Laramie Longhorn 2500, Lifted, deleted, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. RevMax Enhanced 68RFE
    I had mine on my 08 F350 just over 2 years ago. When I talked to the guys and they said it was normal and they had no ability to change parameters. I immediately bought a SCT X4 with custom tuning and had it overnighted

For power they are great and have awesome tuning. Transmission they don't know what they're doing. KEM and Thunderbolt do an awesome job though

11. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

I've been considering a 68RFE upgrade kit but I'm having trouble locating a performance transmission shop in my area. I'm in St. Augustine, FL but Jacksonville (largest city in FL now) is only 30 miles away... anyone have a recommendation for me?

13. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

OK, I've found Suncoast Diesel transmissions , their trans look like BEASTS! And I did find one of their dealers about 30 miles away...

14. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Camp2SeaDoo View Post
    OK, I've found Suncoast Diesel transmissions , their trans look like BEASTS! And I did find one of their dealers about 30 miles away...
    Suncoast makes a pretty good product but I highly recommend RevMax

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears
    1979 Lil Red Express (Currently doing a 12 valve Cummins swap)

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Only bad thing about Revmax is they don't seem to care about customers on the phone

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast