Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: OBD2 issues

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

OBD2 issues

Question, my OBD2 seems to not be working. Anytime I plug in a scanner there is no power getting to the scanner. Checked the ole cigarette fuse and that is good, actually all of my fuses have checked out good. I grabbed my test light to see if there is any fire getting to pin 16 and the test light did not come on indicating fire getting there, this has to be my OBD2 problem. Just wondering if I can bypass this dead wire that is leading to pin 16 and run another hot wire that is powered by the ignition???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: OBD2 issues

Hey bud, if ya would post all the information about your truck so we can better help ya out. Try to be detailed as to what has been done to it so we can figure out some possible causes.

Quote Originally Posted by sumptonjackson View Post
    Question, my OBD2 seems to not be working. Anytime I plug in a scanner there is no power getting to the scanner. Checked the ole cigarette fuse and that is good, actually all of my fuses have checked out good. I grabbed my test light to see if there is any fire getting to pin 16 and the test light did not come on indicating fire getting there, this has to be my OBD2 problem. Just wondering if I can bypass this dead wire that is leading to pin 16 and run another hot wire that is powered by the ignition???

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

X2 we need all the information that you can provide

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Is there anything else on the truck not working?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Likes david3gen liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Is there anything else on the truck not working?
    Well I had some transmission work done a while back and I didn’t notice this right off but over a period of time I saw that my inside floor lights wasn’t coming on like they use to and also my head lights won’t come on with the truck being off, just certain things don’t work that would normally work with the ignition being off.

7. Likes david3gen liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

There's a fuse, 20 amp, that is separated from the cluster. It's in one of those holders. See if it's blown. I found out the hard way, deove me nuts. My under hood light shorted. it took out one of those odd ball fuses. I alswo lost my MM3, which is powere by the ODP. I forget your year, but look at the fuses again. But not the strings. It's off to the side.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

9. Thanks sumptonjackson thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

There's a fuse, 20 amp, that is separated from the cluster. It's in one of those holders. See if it's blown. I found out the hard way, deove me nuts. My under hood light shorted. it took out one of those odd ball fuses. I alswo lost my MM3, which is powere by the ODP. I forget your year, but look at the fuses again. But not the strings. It's off to the side.
    Are referring to it being under the dash somewhere? Or one of them odd fuses within the box under the hood?

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Are referring to it being under the dash somewhere? Or one of them odd fuses within the box under the hood?

Under the hood. On the third gens, all the fuses are under the hood. If you have a 3rd gen, stand at the fender looking across the engine. In the fuse panel, there are a couple of fuses that are inside a holder of some kind. They're close to the fender.

12. Thanks sumptonjackson thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Under the hood. On the third gens, all the fuses are under the hood. If you have a 3rd gen, stand at the fender looking across the engine. In the fuse panel, there are a couple of fuses that are inside a holder of some kind. They're close to the fender.
    Ok I’ll look for that, suggestion?? Let’s say if that fuse is good. Would it be possible if I ran a wire from a wire or or fuse that’s linked to the ignition, run a fused linked between that to the ODB2 port so I can have fused fire to the port? I’m trying to install this smarty on my truck but my port is not getting fire to light up the smarty

14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Ok I’ll look for that, suggestion?? Let’s say if that fuse is good. Would it be possible if I ran a wire from a wire or or fuse that’s linked to the ignition, run a fused linked between that to the ODB2 port so I can have fused fire to the port? I’m trying to install this smarty on my truck but my port is not getting fire to light up the smarty

If it were me, I would prefer you locate the problem. Messing with the ODP is dangerous as you can take out the ecm

15. Likes david3gen liked this post