Thanks Thanks:  31
Likes Likes:  90
Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: ArchOil Fuel Additive Not Snake Oil!

1. Top Of Page | #371

User Info Menu

Re: ArchOil Fuel Additive Not Snake Oil!

That’s the goal, keep her in tip top shape from the start don’t wanna let it get too coated inside. I plan on adding a water meth mix one day for minor power increase and cleaner burning as well.

I did read that thread about the 2 cycle and I plan on adding that friction modified on my next oil change and in the diff when the time comes. I thought about the trans as well but I’m not sure how that will work with the clutch packs. I know they claim it works well in motorcycle wet clutches but my trans scares me haha.

2016 3500 CCLB AS69RC 3:42 | MM3 Tuned by DoubleRDiesel | 5" Flopro TBE | Thuren Leveling Springs | Fox 2.0 Performance Shocks | Thuren Adjustable Track Bar |

2016 3500 SRW CCLB 3:42 AS69RC. 5" Flopro straight pipe, MM3 tuned by DoubleRDiesel. Plans for a 700+hp daily driver.

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #372

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BraedenDore View Post
    That’s the goal, keep her in tip top shape from the start don’t wanna let it get too coated inside. I plan on adding a water meth mix one day for minor power increase and cleaner burning as well.

I did read that thread about the 2 cycle and I plan on adding that friction modified on my next oil change and in the diff when the time comes. I thought about the trans as well but I’m not sure how that will work with the clutch packs. I know they claim it works well in motorcycle wet clutches but my trans scares me haha.

2016 3500 CCLB AS69RC 3:42 | MM3 Tuned by DoubleRDiesel | 5" Flopro TBE | Thuren Leveling Springs | Fox 2.0 Performance Shocks | Thuren Adjustable Track Bar |
    Agreed on the trans. I use a specific friction modifier in my trans. I'm not sold on putting something that makes oil more slippery in.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Likes walla2k5, SyN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #373
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I haven't done it yet, but you might try Googleing "Problems with Archoil products in Transmissions" and see what comes up. If someone did it and it messed the trans up, you know they will be complaining about it over the net. And if not, they might actually praise it. Either way you might get some info. I've always been very hesitant on anything going into a trans. If it causes problems, that will be an expensive repair.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #374

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    I haven't done it yet, but you might try Googleing "Problems with Archoil products in Transmissions" and see what comes up. If someone did it and it messed the trans up, you know they will be complaining about it over the net. And if not, they might actually praise it. Either way you might get some info. I've always been very hesitant on anything going into a trans. If it causes problems, that will be an expensive repair.
    That’s just it, an expensive repair. I mean I would love a built revmax Aisin but I don’t think the wife would be too impressed LOL.

2016 3500 SRW CCLB 3:42 AS69RC. 5" Flopro straight pipe, MM3 tuned by DoubleRDiesel. Plans for a 700+hp daily driver.

8. Top Of Page | #375

User Info Menu

Now what about a limited slip differential? Wouldn’t this affect the clutch packs in the same way as a transmission?

9. Top Of Page | #376

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BraedenDore View Post
    Now what about a limited slip differential? Wouldn’t this affect the clutch packs in the same way as a transmission?

The AAM diff doesn't use friction discs so I see no problem. I never thought to ask, but the 9100 may be able to replace the additive required.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Likes SyN liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #377

User Info Menu

@Polaraco

I was about to place an order for more Archoil AR6200 and noticed they have a new treatment rate on the label. The 16.9 oz bottle I have says it will treat 640 gallons of fuel. The new bottles, also 16.9 oz says New Treatment Rate 500 gallons.

Any idea what has changed?

Is this just a marketing scheme to get me to use more per gallon/ tankful, thus buying more often?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

12. Top Of Page | #378

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 4kids2dogs&RV View Post
    @Polaraco

I was about to place an order for more Archoil AR6200 and noticed they have a new treatment rate on the label. The 16.9 oz bottle I have says it will treat 640 gallons of fuel. The new bottles, also 16.9 oz says New Treatment Rate 500 gallons.

Is this just a marketing scheme to get me to use more per gallon/ tankful, thus buying more often?

I would say that it probably is but don’t know for sure bro

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

13. Top Of Page | #379

User Info Menu

@Polaraco

That's weird.... I just ordered some 6200 last month and both bottles that came say they treat up to 640 gallons.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

14. Top Of Page | #380

User Info Menu

@Polaraco

They changed the formula to make it lube the pumps and Injectors better. Unfortunately, it reduced the gallons it will treat. I called them about that a couple of weeks ago. Small price to pay I guess. Not my favorite thought either but. . . .

I bought some, it's on the shelf.

15. Thanks 4kids2dogs&RV thanked for this post
    Likes 4kids2dogs&RV, walla2k5, SyN liked this post
Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast