Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  100
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm sure i'm not the first ..

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: I'm sure i'm not the first ..

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Tyler View Post
    What do you mean @HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN .. it will not be super new .. I'm looking for one 85k <190k miles .. but I guess I'll take what i can find
    If your looking at that kind of mileage then full delete 4” or 5” FloPro TBE Exhaust and MM3 custom tunes from Ray at DRD it is and he is the best in the buisness and you’ll have to do a tuner there is no such thing as a chip on a Cummins bud

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

2. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

@walla2k5 no .. i haven't been keeping track .. what recalls? .. and it's sounding like 3rd or 4th gen .. bout the same both good buys?

Latest is a water pump recall for certain years and models. 3rd - 4th both are great. It's a Cummins!

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

4. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Well that's what i meant @HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN... gexz ???? is that sorta millage alright to be looking at .. these things run forever right

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Do you live in an area where you need vehicle inspections? Could ultimately impact your decision about deleting emission components. Folks run these rigs until the wheels fall off, with or without deletes.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

7. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I'm sure i'm not the first ..

Hello and welcome @Richard Tyler
    Enjoy our forum !
    I’ve had both the 3rd gen 5.9 (2006) and loved it, no emission crap ( I had it straight piped with a Smarty Jr tuner and all was happy ) and I’ve owned 2 4th gen 6.7’s. If your looking for a newer truck you have options, from 2010-2012 6.7s still have emissions but NO DEF, you can delete the DPF/tune your truck and be good to go, from 2013 and up is DEF nightmare (my opinion). Like all said above, it comes down to YOUR personal preference... what it is you want down the road... most Cummins owners want longevity/reliability. with proper care and pm’s these engines can go for a very long time. I know of the 5.9’s could go an easy 500,000 miles with proper care and maintenance, I haven’t heard of any 6.7’s yet that hit that mark but I’m sure some are close ! I’m sure others will chime in and give their opinions GOOD LUCK on your decision and hope to see you soon with your Cummins

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    2014 Cummins Mega 3500 ( Aisin ) 4X4
    MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

9. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

@walla2k5 /// that's what I figured .. that's how long i'll have her I just want the least amount of problems .. i.e. expensive bone rattling shop costs .. I'd hope most anything needing done I could do most myself ... or have someone in the yard that could help me out ... and yes .. i'm in Forney Texas ... we have emmisions on inspection .. but theres ways around that @cumminsbadgirl .. something around 2006 sound like my speed .. that and I know a bit about the 5.9 ... i highly doubt i'll be getting anything newer than a 2013 unless otherwise convinced .. I know there pricey .. I guess I want the least pricey and most efficient and reliable generation? If that even makes sense :/ ... is the newer 6.7 in a 2010/2012 the way to go? or scale it back to a 5.9?

11. Likes cumminsbadgirl, walla2k5 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

@walla2k5 /// that's what I figured .. that's how long i'll have her I just want the least amount of problems .. i.e. expensive bone rattling shop costs .. I'd hope most anything needing done I could do most myself ... or have someone in the yard that could help me out ... and yes .. i'm in Forney Texas ... we have emmisions on inspection .. but theres ways around that @cumminsbadgirl .. something around 2006 sound like my speed .. that and I know a bit about the 5.9 ... i highly doubt i'll be getting anything newer than a 2013 unless otherwise convinced .. I know there pricey .. I guess I want the least pricey and most efficient and reliable generation? If that even makes sense :/ ... is the newer 6.7 in a 2010/2012 the way to go? or scale it back to a 5.9?
    If your gonna want to run a tuner you’ll have to go with the 4th gens to use the MM3 tuner from Ray of DRD as in he only tunes the 4th gens if your in the 3rd gens you can only use the Smarty tuners which are good for that gens Simple fact your looking at a Cummins the best and only Real Diesel they put in a pickup truck yes they pretty much last forever if you take care of them the 5.9 have gone to 1 million miles the 6.7 are just a little bigger bore and stroke but the same motor as the 5.9 if you get rid of all the pollution control BS they will run just as long

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

13. Likes cumminsbadgirl, walla2k5 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

@Richard Tyler
    I love my 6.7 but if I had the $$ to have a 2nd Truck I would go with a 5.9 and it would be specifically a 2006, nothing else. They said the 2006 was the last of the good year due to the 6.7’s coming out in 2007 then when I had the 2012 they said that was the last of the good year due to DEF coming out in 2013, I have a 2014 and will never get rid of her.

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    2014 Cummins Mega 3500 ( Aisin ) 4X4
    MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

15. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Like @cumminsbadgirl said, it will come down to personal preference.

17. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Hey bud! Welcome to the forum and our family. Glad to have ya here.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

19. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast